Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Programming day-long speed variation for Tunze

Frage Programming day-long speed variation for Tunze

Hi there!

I've got a couple of Tunze electronic wavepumps and the GHL cables and splitter to control them.
    Even more, I've got a Profilux 3N eX
    The pumps are mounted to an oscillating device that programmatically turns them left and right.
    So, I just need to be able to make the speed of my Tunzes vary along the day (progressively increase in the morning and decrease in the evening). I also need the pumps to lower their speed during feedtimes.

Could that be accomplished? If yes, how?

Thank you in advance!

Teo

maybe you (mis-)use an illumination channel for that?

output an illumiantion program instead of a pump program on the 1-10V-interface
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi, Matthias!

Thank you for your reply!
    I have already figured that using an illumination channel I can solve the pump speed problem along the day, but I didn't find a way to make the pumps slow down during the feed pauses -- I suppose it must be some logic function to be used. Is it possible to do this part too?

I need help with this to Joel

Hey mate

Did u end up figuring it out what u trying to do.
    I'm just using programming logic and filter and now there just stop its not that bad.

Hi!

Believe it or not, I ended up with the conclusion it's impossible to be done! It's rather hylarious, I have a dedicated aquarium computer and I just cannot program it to function the way I want!!! It seems ProfiLux is a "do it the GHL-way or not at all" machine and they didn't take in consideration our particular, not so frequent, setup.

Sorry, I can't help any further...

Believe it or not, I ended up with the conclusion it's impossible to be done!
    Als long as it´s o.k. for you to have an automated feed pause by timer, it´s not so difficult.

You misapply a illimination channel to control the pump. So why don´t you code the feedpause also into the dimming sequence?
    All you have to do additional is to set up a timer with correspondending time settings for feed pause and assign it to the filter and whatever.

Hi, Gunther!

... and thank you for your input!

As long as I'm at home I want to see my fish feeding. Additionally, I have certain corals I have to feed individually by hand. This is why I have my feed pauses at slightly different times each day (during the break I have myself between jobs, and after the last job). So I cannot program a certain time when the illumination channel assigned to the pumps should be dimmed, as long as my feed pauses are triggered by pressing one of the virtual buttons on my ProfiLux View touchscreen.

Anyway, both the assignment of a so-called illumination channel to the current pumps, and the dimming of this channel are just "tricks" intended to fool the way ProfiLux is concieved to work. Wouldn't it be by far better to play it the German way (that is "simple, clever & efficient") by inserting a few "IF... THEN... ELSE..." statements with the trigger-conditions in order to make all the processes fully automatic and compliant to any particular setup? I do understand ProfiLux is intended to be "foolproof" in what concerns programming, but one doesn't need to be an IT engineer to master such basic control routines (I'm not an engineer but still I do write all the code I need to customize the software-driven devices I use).

Another possible way to realize your wish is to use one of the manintenace functions of the profilux. It allows to define exact states for all sockets and illumination/pump speed outputs.

There is only one disadvance: There is no single click button to start it. You have to go throuth the menu, use PLC software or add the ADIN card with an external switch.

Oh, yes... that's exactly how I use it now. It's just two clicks on the PL View touchscreen, the same as depressing the feed# button. But there are only 4 maintenace routines to be programmed and I have already used 3 of them with similar tricks, and I have just started customizing my ProfiLux (haven't yet included my grow tank, hospital/quarantine tank, water exchange preparation reservoir). Having many more such routines available (20...32) would be sort of a solution. But (it has to be a "but", doesn't it?) I read in these forums alarms are automatically disabled during maintenance, which may lead to further problems.

Let's face it, Gunther: on one hand, you, the programmers at GHL, spend lots of time, imagination and creativity to write foolproof software for the ProfiLux, targeting completely non-technical users. On the other hand, the even slightly technical users have to fight to hack the protection fences you are hardly building. Wouldn't it be a great idea to make a code input backdoor accessible to those who want to use it (no technical advice, no other support, just "use it on your own" based on a list of available commands and triggers/conditions)?

Anyway, thank you very much for your advice and kindness, they are certainly much appreciated!