Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: lighting program

The lighting program I have written should start at 1400 ramp up slowly untill 1800,then ramp down slowly untill 2200, what's happening is its coming on at 1331 and going off at 2229.?

When I save a pre defined color (in for example, the above light program), when I go to another program, the pre defined color is not there, are they program specific, if so surely as I have that color already in that light program I don't need it untill I'm in another program.??

Once a lighting program is written, you have to load the illumination run, when I clip on test illumination run, it does not work untill the run is loaded to the lamp, surges this would be better to use before you load it to the lamp???

Lastly for now, this has happened on numerous occasions, when I'm testing a light program, I get the message that the cc has stopped responding and windows is looking for solution, the program then closes????

Gazz

Any chance of a comment from the powers that be please

Quote Originally Posted by GazzMan View Post
    The lighting program I have written should start at 1400 ramp up slowly untill 1800,then ramp down slowly untill 2200, what's happening is its coming on at 1331 and going off at 2229.?

When I save a pre defined color (in for example, the above light program), when I go to another program, the pre defined color is not there, are they program specific, if so surely as I have that color already in that light program I don't need it untill I'm in another program.??

Once a lighting program is written, you have to load the illumination run, when I clip on test illumination run, it does not work untill the run is loaded to the lamp, surges this would be better to use before you load it to the lamp???

Lastly for now, this has happened on numerous occasions, when I'm testing a light program, I get the message that the cc has stopped responding and windows is looking for solution, the program then closes????

Gazz
    a) strange light schedule: please post the light composer project, we need this for further support - and check if there are any time delay adjusted

b) predefined colors are part of a light composer project

c) the run must be transmitted to the lamp before in order to test the run in it
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    a) strange light schedule: please post the light composer project, we need this for further support - and check if there are any time delay adjusted

right, i seem to have found the problem, i had the cloud function enabled, this was set for a cloud to take 1 minute over the 3 lamps, so the left lamp was set to -30s, middle lamp set to 0, right hand lamp set to 30s.
    i have set all of these to zero and the lamps come on at 1400 and go off at 2200, this is now leading to another question, i now will not have the cloud move across my 3 lamps, and should this be turning into minutes on the illumination run?

b) predefined colors are part of a light composer project

would this not be better to be available in all/new projects?, so as we have a library as such of all the colors we like to use

c) the run must be transmitted to the lamp before in order to test the run in it
    would this not be more useful for the lighting program to be tested before it is loaded to the lamp

Gazz

How can a light schedule be tested if its not loaded to the lamp? This is impossible as the control function is within the lamp not the software.

You can test each colour output and brightness of each channel before loading of course.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Quote Originally Posted by aqua_digital View Post
    How can a light schedule be tested if its not loaded to the lamp? This is impossible as the control function is within the lamp not the software.

You can test each colour output and brightness of each channel before loading of course.
    The question I'm asking is what is the point in loading an unfinished lighting run to the lamp, surely this would be better to test as you go and before its loaded, it's not impossible, it need reprogramming surely, after all, you can test a color output?

Gazz

The point is so you CAN test it, as per the previous reply you cant test something that is just a set of key entries, for the lamp to react to those key entries it has to be loaded to the on board controller.

The software does not control the lamp, its a user interface to program the lamp so for the lamp to know what it needs to do you have to tell it - This means pressing "transmit" I do not really see pressing one button as a great issue and no different than any other lamp on the market.

You can test the colour output because its a single entry point. the channel is opened up for direct communication for that single channel by highlighting the check box.

There is no doubt a more technical reason also due to the architecture of LED lamps.
    Last edited by aqua_digital; 06.03.2013 at 16:41.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Well I can't ask for a more concise answer than that Michael lol, thank you for explaining mate.

My question to (A) in Matthias reply is still open.

Gazz

Apologies are due to you guys, iv just noticed there is an option to set a lead in and lead out on the lamps as well as on the simulation, everything is working fine.

I'll get my coat....................................

Sorry again
    Gazz

glad to hear it is fixed now
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.