Thread: Too many expansion cards!

Default Too many expansion cards!

Hello,

I bought a PLM-ADIN extension card, a PLM-Humidity-Temp and a PLM-Oxygen.
    I have a ProfiLux 3 eX with firmware is 5.11 and a Expansion Box

In the ProfiLux 3 eX there is space for 2 extension cards so one has to go to the Expansion box.
    The problem is that when I switch on the ProfiLux 3 eX no extension card is recognized (PLM-ADIN or PLM-Humidity-Temp or PLM-Oxygen makes no difference).

What can be?

Tank you very much in advance!

Try another slot. As I know one of the slots does not work with intelligent cards.

Already tried but doesn't work...

now it seems to work, with the Oxygen card in "Modul 4".
    But why wasn't working for Oxygen or ADIN or T&Humidity in "Modul 0, 1, 2, 3"?

The PLM-Oxygen generally works in module slot 0 to 4
    The PLM-ADIN/PLM-Humidity-Temp would only work in slot 0 to 3

It is important to follow these steps, if you add a new card in the ExpansionBox:
    - remove the power supply to the ExpansionBox and open the case
    - put in the module card(s) - be sure the module card is inserted properly (all pins of the module card are in the slot)
    - close the case and reconnect the power supply
    - reassign the ExpansionBox (via PAB menu) to your ProfiLux - only in this case the changes (new cards, removed/moved cards) are detected by the ProfiLux
    - As a result of the changes, the sensors in the ProfiLux change too and must adjusted in the ProfiLux again
    Last edited by GHL Support; 31.01.2013 at 07:51.

Thank you for the reply. Anyway I really tried the three different PLM from the slot 0 to 3 also reassigning the Expansion Box but it hasn't work.
    Then at the end I tried the PLM-Oxygen with the slot 4 and after reassigning the Expansion Box a couple of time, the Profilux found it.

Anyway now it works and it is already in the pilot plant. Since I have no intention (for now) to use new Expansion Card, it is ok like this!