Thread: Level switch

Default Level switch

Hi all,

I currently have one level switch which controls my ATU RO water. It is set not to be sensitive so that I don't have RO water constantly pumping into the tank.

I now want to drip my kalk reactor, I want to use the same level switch of possible - however I need to drip it at a much more sensitive rate so if the level starts to change drip Kalk.

Is this possible to use one level switch for two separate things or do I have to buy another switch?

Quote Originally Posted by myprofilux View Post
    Hi all,

I currently have one level switch which controls my ATU RO water. It is set not to be sensitive so that I don't have RO water constantly pumping into the tank.

I now want to drip my kalk reactor, I want to use the same level switch of possible - however I need to drip it at a much more sensitive rate so if the level starts to change drip Kalk.

Is this possible to use one level switch for two separate things or do I have to buy another switch?
    I am not sure how big your tank is or if you still intend to use RO water if the PH gets to high from the kalk??

Personally I used to have kalk feed in when the PH was below 8.4 and if above this it would stop.
    Using the programmable logic, I enable this to come on for 1 minute then off for 2 minutes and if the PH came back down then redose Kalk.
    Normally ATO would be enable during this and I was not too worried about water level getting to high with this as it was a 250 US gallon setup. The sump would never get above the nominal level.

You could use another level sensor above the ATO level control, if you think that this would be a problem, which would stop the kalk dosing.

I don't use this any more as I find that with my 4 pump doser and spreading out my alkalinity, the PH rarely drop below 8.1 at night and can get above 8.4 during the day when everything is running right.
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!

Quote Originally Posted by Antipodes View Post
    I am not sure how big your tank is or if you still intend to use RO water if the PH gets to high from the kalk??

Personally I used to have kalk feed in when the PH was below 8.4 and if above this it would stop.
    Using the programmable logic, I enable this to come on for 1 minute then off for 2 minutes and if the PH came back down then redose Kalk.
    Normally ATO would be enable during this and I was not too worried about water level getting to high with this as it was a 250 US gallon setup. The sump would never get above the nominal level.

You could use another level sensor above the ATO level control, if you think that this would be a problem, which would stop the kalk dosing.

I don't use this any more as I find that with my 4 pump doser and spreading out my alkalinity, the PH rarely drop below 8.1 at night and can get above 8.4 during the day when everything is running right.
    My Tank is 152Gal and my sump is 200Gal (yes I know ...)

I have a major PH issue due to my CARX reactor. I did a test a while ago, I used my PH probe to control a dosing pump, I would tell the dosing pump to pull from a 25l Kalk solution I made ever time PH dropped bwlo 8.2. That 25l solution lasted 4 hours and my salinity dropped dramatically. I have tried everything possible but the CO2 leakage into the water from the CARX is causing the PH drop....

So I wanted to use a KALK reactor to help with the PH... hence why I asked about the level switch. Or am I thinking of this the wrong way?

Quote Originally Posted by myprofilux View Post
    My Tank is 152Gal and my sump is 200Gal (yes I know ...)

I have a major PH issue due to my CARX reactor. I did a test a while ago, I used my PH probe to control a dosing pump, I would tell the dosing pump to pull from a 25l Kalk solution I made ever time PH dropped bwlo 8.2. That 25l solution lasted 4 hours and my salinity dropped dramatically. I have tried everything possible but the CO2 leakage into the water from the CARX is causing the PH drop....

So I wanted to use a KALK reactor to help with the PH... hence why I asked about the level switch. Or am I thinking of this the wrong way?
    25L is a lot of water in 4 hours, yes that is bad!!
    I was not worried about using the stuff of the top of the kalk, I used a Kalk reactor with a pump in the bottom which turned over the kalk in a 40L container. (About 40mm of unmixed kalk in bottom), this kept the kalk in suspension and I got a good PH high high when it entered the tank. This IS dangerous if you have a failure (WHich I did before my profilux). Filled my tank with kalk and killed 50% of the inhabitants overnight.

But you are right, putting it in with your top up is valid and I guess you won't need another level switch as it will never use anywhere like the 25L in 4 hours that you had before.

But it will definitely not get to the PH you require like that and only act as a help to bring it up.

When I was using my Calcium reactor, I turned it off at night with a timer(Lights out)!!! Will this also help you to manage your PH?
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!