Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GHL Control Center Firmware Update

Quote Originally Posted by NorwayEagle View Post
    Hello again

I have been using the Mitras lamps now for about six months without really doing anything with them. I have not been changing any settings or done any updates, just been really happy with the funcionality and results so far.

But I found out it was about time to do some Investment in time, and eventually see if some new features could be of interest, so I today downloaded the V1026, connected to the master and started the firmware update.

At step 4/5 the process seems to go on forever, or maybe it is halted?

Anyway, after about 20 to 25 minutes my patience is about empty, so I aborted the update.

Is there anything that can fix this, or do I have to let it run for even a longer period?
    I've had the same problem, I just cancel after resetting the lights. Reconnect and the firmware is up to date, so it seems to take even though the program gets stuck on 4/5 of the install process. I also have better luck with USB 2.0 as opposed to 3.0.
    Perry
    A screen shot is worth a thousand words...

Profilux 3.1N eX, 3 PAB 6D, Slave Doser, PLM-ADIN, Vortech Controller, PLM-PWC, Leak detector, 2 LX 6100HV Mitras
    Controlling a 150 DSA Peninsula mixed reef.

Quote Originally Posted by GazzMan View Post
    What is step 4/5, how far are you getting?, do you get to the point where it tells you to reboot the lamp then click next?.

The whole thing should only take about 2 minutes per lamp, I did notice on the current update that the screen that says to reboot the lamp then press next didn't appear until I clicked the mouse on the screen whereas with all the other updates it came up automaticly.

HTH
    Gazz
    It is step 4/5 with the following text:

The update is in progress...

Don't interrupt the update in any case

Please wait until the update has been completed

Update completed! Press "Next"

Just now I am doing a third test. For the first time the NeXT button is active during this step. at the first two attempts only the abort was active.
    '

It seems like the process is going now without any stops or messages. But the lamps are still set at FW Version 1.05.

if you follow exactly the instructions the update wizard gives you the update should work without issues

if not: check if the update driver has been installed correctly

in step 2/5 the Mitras is in the download mode and the download driver must be active

-> read step 2 exactly, follow the instructions

-> check the driver (click device manager)

MitrasFWUpdateDriver.jpg

(don't get confused, since my Windows is a German version some expressions appear in German)
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I have followed instructions exactly, driver is installed because that is how I find the COM port. It still hangs on 4/5, however like I stated before when I reconnect the Mitras the firmware is correct.
    Perry
    A screen shot is worth a thousand words...

Profilux 3.1N eX, 3 PAB 6D, Slave Doser, PLM-ADIN, Vortech Controller, PLM-PWC, Leak detector, 2 LX 6100HV Mitras
    Controlling a 150 DSA Peninsula mixed reef.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    if you follow exactly the instructions the update wizard gives you the update should work without issues

if not: check if the update driver has been installed correctly

in step 2/5 the Mitras is in the download mode and the download driver must be active

-> read step 2 exactly, follow the instructions

-> check the driver (click device manager)

MitrasFWUpdateDriver.jpg

(don't get confused, since my Windows is a German version some expressions appear in German)
    As mentioned in my earlier thread I was so stupid to buy a win8 PC...

I cannot follow this advice I am sorry to say.

I made an effort in following the advice of Haxer100 to deactivate electronic drivers to see how this could be of help this time also, but this did not activate any similar to the described LPT & COM settings that is none existing in my Device Manager setup.

Combining Mitras and win8 seems to be a combination that is not for anyone else thanhighly educated PC-nerds

@NorwayEagle,
    When I get home from work I will look into this a little further for you....

Post a screen shot of what you do have in your Device Manager screen while you are trying to update the lamps...
    Last edited by haxer100; 13.05.2013 at 20:19.

I have followed all the steps with the right com port( com 4) !!! but it is still showing 1.07 not 1.08! what am i doing right?