Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATO Automation and Leakage Detection

Idee ATO Automation and Leakage Detection

Hi, just planning my next purchase (after the Mitras) and wanted to confirm my thoughts.

I have a Profilux P3EX, both level ports unused at present.

I want to perform the following:

• ATO with Optical Sensor for water fill function and fail-safe float sensor for water high level. (1 level Port used, 2 connected sensors via splitter cable 1)
    • RODI Reservoir Float switch (reverse level) to alarm when ATO reservoir is running low of RODI (Second level port used, 1 sensor connected via splitter cable 2)
    • Leakage-Interface with 2 leakage sensors (Is it the leakage interface that takes only 1 level port on the Profilux or do I need to have 2 available level ports 1 for each sensor? I.e. will this only take up 1 sensor port, the second port on the splitter cable 2. Either leakage sensor would trigger the same proactive responsive)

If my assumptions are correct for the above, i would require the following:
    2 x PL-LY splitter for 2 level sensors
    1 x Leakage interface
    2 x Leakage sensors
    1 x PL-Optolevel
    2 x PL-Floater
    (And the necessary mounting brackets for the sensors)

Thanks,
    Jason

Hello,

your thoughts are correct if you have a ProfiLux 3.1 A or N ex.
    Here on the second level port you can connect also two sensors via splitter.

If it is the Profilux 3 ex, then only one sensor can be connected to the second level port.

Yes, you generally need only one sensor connection for the leakage interface with two sensors.

Thanks for the response Carolin. I have the older (initial) P3ex. Does this mean if I want 2 leakage sensors I would also need to get an expansion card?

Jason I'm pretty sure the "Leakage Sensors" are able to be daisy chained from one to the next and would only occupy a single port on the ProfiLux unit itself. I can't be 100% positive as I don't have one sitting here in front of me at the moment but that's my understanding is that you only consume a single port (for the main unit).

I don't think you can connect one level sensor to another.
    There is a y-level splitter which you can use to divide one port and connect TWO separate level sensors to that single output and have them show up on your PLC as Level 1 AND Level 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolin View Post
    If it is the Profilux 3 ex, then only one sensor can be connected to the second level port.
    Thanks Al but my question is directly regarding this comment. Does it imply that the second Level port on the Profilux can only handle 1 sensor, eg the leakage interface, and not my plan for both the interface and float sensor via splitter cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I think to answer your question, you should be ok with one level card but might need a splitter in order to connect two sensors to that single card.
    Or at least that's how mine is connected.

I didn't know there was a limitation on the 2nd level input on the P3eX unit. If that is determined to be the case you would need to add an "Expansion Box" to your system which would give you:

Space for 5 expansion cards
    Sensor-inputs for pH, conductivity (range selectable for saltwater and fresh water), temperature and redox
    2 - Level sensor-inputs
    4 - 110V interfaces
    2 - PAB-interfaces

Unless GHL has released the "Level Port Expansion Card" in which that would be what you would need.

Good question Allen. Not sure I can answer that either.
    Waiting to see what the answer for that is

Expansion Box? Why not just an expansion card to add 4 level inputs? (PLM-4/Level) As per the programming guide, the P3ex is capable of 12 independent level controls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk