Thread: Please help with what to order!

Ausrufezeichen Please help with what to order!

Hi, GHL!

First of all, I do wish you a prosperous new year!

I want to order a GHL-based control system from Germany and, due to the distance and time involved, I want to make sure I get all the needed parts to connect the bits one to the other.
    I already got tired trying to find out which device comes with all the necessary cables and other connection accessories and which doesn't.
    So, please do provide a list with the cables (and other bits) needed to connect the items below!

I have decided to purchase the following GHL products:
    - ProfiLux 3.1N eX Mega-Set Schuko (PL-0901)
    - Dosing Unit 4 (PL-0700)
    - Powerbar 6D-D (PL-0289)
    - Level Sensor, Floater (PL-0077) - 4 pieces

In addition, I shall order 2 Tunze electronic current pumps (Turbelle NanoStream Electronic).

I want/need the following connections/controls:
    - Powerbar 6D-D to ProfiLux computer (in addition to the Powerbar 6D PAB that comes with the set) -> on S1-S4
    - Dosing Unit 4 to ProfiLux computer -> on S5-S8
    - Level Sensors, Floaters, 4pcs to ProfiLux computer -> on Level1&2 and Level3&4
    - Tunze Electronic Wave Pumps, 2pcs to ProfiLux computer -> on L5-L6 (NOT on two different "Lm-Ln" sockets!)

My question comes to the following:
    - do the red socket connected devices (Powerbar 6D-D and Dosing Unit 4) come with the necessary Western cables?
    - how can I connect two controllable pumps to the same yellow socket (will a splitter, a Tunze1 and a Tunze2 set of cables do the trick? How do I know to which of the two apparently identical branches of the splitter should each of the two different Tunze cables go?)?

Looking forward to a quick reply, I thank you in advance!

Regards,
    Teodor Leonte

Hello,

thanks, also a happy new year to you!

Here the list:

- ProfiLux 3.1N eX Mega-Set Schuko (PL-0901)
    - Dosing Unit 4 (PL-0700)
    - Powerbar 6D-D (PL-0289)
    - Level Sensor, Floater (PL-0077) - 4 pieces
    - Tunze cable 1
    - Tunze cable 2
    - YL2 (Y-cable for Tunze-cables)
    - 2x PL-LY (Y-cable for level sensors)

Quote Originally Posted by leontet View Post
    - do the red socket connected devices (Powerbar 6D-D and Dosing Unit 4) come with the necessary Western cables?
    -> Yes

- how can I connect two controllable pumps to the same yellow socket (will a splitter, a Tunze1 and a Tunze2 set of cables do the trick?
    -> Yes

How do I know to which of the two apparently identical branches of the splitter should each of the two different Tunze cables go?)??
    -> This can be easily tested when you connect the cables.

Thank you for the quick and comprehensive reply!
    As a soon-to-be ProfiLux user, I hope aftersales support to be as efficient as the presales one!

Teodor first of all congrats on your decision to get a GHL ProfiLux system. You'll be glad you did.

I'll try to touch on the points where I think I can be of the most help..

A) Powerbar - I highly suggest you stick with the PAB powerbar arrangement for future expandability. PAB is the latest technology and allows you to connect many devices down the line at a later time. Where as if you go with the nonPAB powerbar you may be limiting yourself in the future. The price difference from nonPAB to PAB is so small I don't see why you would consider it as an option.

B) If you're going to connect a pair of Tunze pumps to a single port then yes you'll want to use the correct splitter for that. Here in the US the correct splitter is called YL2-1 or YL2-5 (1 meter or 5 meter). You would use a pair of Tunze1 cables for L1/L3 control or Tunze2 for L2/L4 control.

Hi, BigAl!

Thank you very much for your advice, it is more than welcome!

I chose the non-PAB 5 socket powerbar because I have an unused red socket on my (future) ProfiLux. I also learned these powerbars can be connected themselves in a sort of bus-like fashion (daisy-chained), so expandability is possible here too. On the other hand, I understood I can also connect one or more PAB powerbars at any time in the future (of course, through the PAB socket). I cannot deny though that price worked a bit in favour of the non-PAB device choice.

In what concerns the cables, I think I fully understood how to use them. Thank you for your specifications though, they confirmed I'm on the right way!

One more note: I do NOT live in North America, but at the opposite end of the Northern Hemisphere (Romania), so I shall be purchasing the GHL stuff from Europe (Germany) for self explanatory reasons...

One more note: I do NOT live in North America, but at the opposite end of the Northern Hemisphere (Romania), so I shall be purchasing the GHL stuff from Europe (Germany) for self explanatory reasons...
    Yea I picked up you was ordering from Germany which is why I made sure to indicate I could only speak from a North American stand-point on cables etc.

I think you're going to have an outstanding system.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl07 View Post
    I think you're going to have an outstanding system.
    Thank you very much for your encouragement, it comes just in time, as nobody around me understands how can I spend my whole two months income for something so small that doesn't play music, doesn't play movies and doesn't run games -- they all decided I must be insane!