Thread: P3.1N EX connection with LAN impossible

Default P3.1N EX connection with LAN impossible

Hi,

Here's the problem : i can connect to my profilux 3.1nEX with RS232 or USB but impossible via the LAN.

The 2 led whixh are near the LAN port are always amber or red. I'v tried the following steps given a day on a forum :

1. Set "obtain IP-address automatically" for the LAN-card
    ->connect to Profilux via RS232 or USB (choose "RS232/USB" in "connections", then click "Connect") - Maybe you can't connect now - then check the connection settins (click "...")
    ->go to system menu
    ->highlight LAN
    ->click "configuration..." <<<<== here is the problem maybe : this button is unavailable always grey see pictures
    ->ensure "obtain IP-address automatically" is selected
    ->click Save
    ->Disconect (in dialog general)

2. Now connect via LAN
    ->Select "TCP/IP" under conection
    ->click "Connect"

screen.jpg

Please help

Regards

In general there are tooo less informations to help you.

In general:

This only works if you connect the PL to a router with a DHCP server running.
    You also may check if your firewall blocks the communication.

If both is and don´t work, tell us a little bit more about your network configuration.

Thank you for your fast answer.

In fact , i just want to connect a laptop running windows directly to the Profilux using the LAN port with an ethernet connection. Just to test if i can connect with internet explorer to the homepage of the profilux.
    That's all for the moment !

When this will be ok, then i'll try to connect the profilux to a wireless bridge.

Thanx
    reef tank : 1,50m long - 0,80 m width - 0,45 m high
    Lighting : 2 MITRAS LX6100 HV -
    Return Pump : DELTEC HLP 4040 - Current Pump : 2 TUNZE 6105
    Skimmer : LIO51 - CONTROL : PROFILUX 3.1N EX / DOSING/ SMS

Quote Originally Posted by jphil78 View Post

In fact , i just want to connect a laptop running windows directly to the Profilux using the LAN port with an ethernet connection. Just to test if i can connect with internet explorer to the homepage of the profilux.

When this will be ok, then i'll try to connect the profilux to a wireless bridge.

Thanx
    What sort of cable are you using??
    To connect directly you need to make a cross over cable (Internet search will find it for you).
    I suggest you also then set the profilux to a manual address and set the laptop to a similar address i.e. 192.168.1.2 (Profilux) and 192.168.1.3 (Laptop)

When you do get it going, it is very much suggested that you set the profilux to a fixed IP address above your DHCP pool. Many threads and posts here on how and why!
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!

Quote Originally Posted by jphil78 View Post

Thanx
    What sort of cable are you using??
    To connect directly you need to make a cross over cable (Internet search will find it for you).
    I suggest you also then set the profilux to a manual address and set the laptop to a similar address i.e. 192.168.1.2 (Profilux) and 192.168.1.3 (Laptop)

When you do get it going, it is very much suggested that you set the profilux to a fixed IP address above your DHCP pool. Many threads and posts here on how and why!
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!

In case of a direct connection DHCP would not work.

For a direct connection it is necessary to set a fixed IP address at the ProfiLux and the Laptop. Both IP addresses should be in the same "network range" ... say 192.168.0.10 for the Laptop and 192.168.0.11 for the ProfiLux.

Thank you very much everybody !

It's ok, the problem was that my lap didnt have an ip fixed.

Regards.
    reef tank : 1,50m long - 0,80 m width - 0,45 m high
    Lighting : 2 MITRAS LX6100 HV -
    Return Pump : DELTEC HLP 4040 - Current Pump : 2 TUNZE 6105
    Skimmer : LIO51 - CONTROL : PROFILUX 3.1N EX / DOSING/ SMS