Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SMS issues

Quote Originally Posted by doggydoc10 View Post
    Yes you did Mathias. I understand. Thank you very much.
    But my question is NOT regarding the conduc value that's "!"
    At the time of that SMS, level 3 was triggered. I was doing some cleaning and I triggered level 3 while at the same time I was calibrating conduct probe. That's why the conduct value is so off....I understand the alarm going off because of conductivity value, but why if I triggered level 3 to "test it", I did not see the level showing up on the SMS?
    Doggydoc
    this is possible when the trigger pulse was short enought:

1. ProfiLux (SMS unit) detected alarm
    2. when the alarm report was created (happens dynamically) the level state changed again
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by reef View Post
    Mathias, here is a pic of the screen shot.
    As you can see i trigged level 3 and it also shows level six all the time, even when no alarm.

I am not a fan of just to ignore it as it is just not right. also it also shows unused sensors, can these not be fixed so they do not show.
    Also all these unused sensors like ph/redox etc increase the sms message size.

Why can this problem not be fixed?
    this can be fixed by changing the firmware but it can't be done just like that

since all software parts are safety relevant each change has to go through extensive tests and approvals!

-> it has been added to our SMS-ToDo-list
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    this can be fixed by changing the firmware but it can't be done just like that

since all software parts are safety relevant each change has to go through extensive tests and approvals!

-> it has been added to our SMS-ToDo-list
    Thanks matthias ,

I think the problem is fixed as i added another level sensor. so now it works, ok, does not show the unused level sensor.

however it would be good to removed the unused sensors in text messages as they take up to much space and really should not show if they are unused.
    Would be good if this could be done asap as it has been an issue for many years.

Can we there be a option in the sms screen to select which sensors we want to show in sms text.

Mathias
    Re visiting this issue again.
    Not sure if its a bug but here it goes.
    I received an alarm via SMS today. Sensor level 2 was triggered.
    This is the SMS I received:

Why can't I see the level number at the end of the SMS?
    This has been going on for a while now!!!!
    Please advise

Doggydoc

try these things:

1. activate "levels" in the display settings -> the level states should be displayed on the ProfiLux
    Q: what is shown? does this change when you manipulate the state of your level sensors?

2. send a SMS manually with level sensor active and another SMS with level sensor not active
    Q: do both SMS show the correct state?

Default SMS issues

Levels HAVE ALWAYS been active in the display BUT level status does not appear on screen in controller unless level alarm is active.

Doggydoc

Default SMS issues

When level is triggered I get THIS on my display

And I get THIS as my SMS.

But as you can see, Level 2 is not marked at the end of the alarm/SMS
    Doggydoc

If I send SMS MANUALLY with level sensor triggered it looks the same as with level sensor NOT TRIGGERED

Doggydoc

Default SMS issues

So to summarize, SMS LOOKS THE SAME WITH OR WITHOUT LEVELS TRIGGERED.
    It used to look like this one I posted before.

Not sure WHAT hap between both. NO CHANGES ON SYSTEM, running 5.15 AND MOST CURRENT SMS VERSION.

Doggydoc

This is my level window in PLC.

Doggydoc