Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SMS issues

I think that when level followed by a number it means that that sensor is "active". It might NOT mean it's triggered/alarmed but it means that that specific number sensor is in the open position.
    I only have 5 level sensors. no 6 is not enabled.

Damn....not sure why then. Can you post a pic of your level settings on PLC?

Doggydoc

I trigged the Level,
    I did get a SMS that showed level 3 was alarmed. however i also got the number 6 next to the 3, so unsure what the 6 means.

I don't understand what the problem is

the level status line shows what sensors are currently active

1 3 6 for example means that 1, 3, 6 have contact to water

this has nothing to do with alarms

and yes, also unused sensor inputs are shown - a not connected sensor has the state "watercontact" and is displayed even if it is not used
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

The issue is that when I get a status report with no alarms it shows level 6 is active. I don't use level 6. So why does it show. I have no interest in sensors I am not using.

Also unused sensors not be displayed?
    Last edited by reef; 05.03.2013 at 12:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    I don't understand what the problem is

the level status line shows what sensors are currently active

1 3 6 for example means that 1, 3, 6 have contact to water

this has nothing to do with alarms

and yes, also unused sensor inputs are shown - a not connected sensor has the state "watercontact" and is displayed even if it is not used
    Thanks for answering Mathias. My issue is at follows. Trying to understand why I went from this:

To this:

No changes on sensors, no changes at all on ANY equipment. But now as it can BE CLEARLY SEEN IN THE SCREENSHOTS, I am getting am SMS with ALARM (and yes alarm is Level sensor 3--I TRIGGERED FOR TESTING PURPOSES--and NO number 3 appears anywhere in the SMS report.
    That's my question

Doggydoc

The issue is that when I get a status report with no alarms it shows level 6 is active. I don't use level 6. So why does it show. I have no interest in sensors I am not using.

Also unused sensors not be displayed?
    the problem is: ProfiLux does not knwo if that sensor input is not in use - a non-present sensor has the same state as an active sensor for security reasons (example: sensor is unplugged accidentally)

here helps only to ignore the numbers of the non-present sensors
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

No changes on sensors, no changes at all on ANY equipment. But now as it can BE CLEARLY SEEN IN THE SCREENSHOTS, I am getting am SMS with ALARM (and yes alarm is Level sensor 3--I TRIGGERED FOR TESTING PURPOSES--and NO number 3 appears anywhere in the SMS report.
    That's my question
    this is all Ok what I can see in the screenshots

there is also an alarm of the conductivity probe (see "!")

if an active ( = contact with water) sensor triggers an alarm or not depends on the operation mode

for a leakage sensor contact means alarm

for a return pump no contact means alarm

so: alarm or no alarm has not necessarily a relation to the state of a sensor (contact / no contact = number / no number)

I hope I could explain it now clearly enough ?

Yes you did Mathias. I understand. Thank you very much.
    But my question is NOT regarding the conduc value that's "!"
    At the time of that SMS, level 3 was triggered. I was doing some cleaning and I triggered level 3 while at the same time I was calibrating conduct probe. That's why the conduct value is so off....I understand the alarm going off because of conductivity value, but why if I triggered level 3 to "test it", I did not see the level showing up on the SMS?

Doggydoc

the problem is: ProfiLux does not knwo if that sensor input is not in use
    Mathias, here is a pic of the screen shot.
    As you can see i trigged level 3 and it also shows level six all the time, even when no alarm.

I am not a fan of just to ignore it as it is just not right. also it also shows unused sensors, can these not be fixed so they do not show.
    Also all these unused sensors like ph/redox etc increase the sms message size.

Why can this problem not be fixed?

Last edited by reef; 05.03.2013 at 19:45.