Thread: Echtech Radion Support

Default Echtech Radion Support

Just to be clear, this isnt a whinge, demand or anything but a simple request for info

Just curious if the Ecotech Radion's will be supported via the RF module and if so, when on the roadmap is that scheduled for?
    Id love to pick up a pair of the new GHL lights however my 3 radions are only 6 months old and my wife would murder me

Thanks

Matt

Hey Matt...I can definitely relate to the wife comment LOL. GHL is not the party responsible for the delay. I've come across more than a few threads where GHL states they have requested the technical specs from EcoTech without much success. In short, Ecotech is responsible for holding up the party. Search on RC in the GHL and EcoTech forums for more details.

we didn't get any technical specifications from EcoTech how to contol the Radion with our EcoTech-controller, sorry

-> we can't do anything
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hey Guys,

Iv shot off an email to Ecotech for some more information but I find it surprising. I am moving too a GHL unit from a Reef Angel, yet the reef angel has code that is able to control the Radions. I am curious why a start up 1 man show like the Reef Angel can do it, yet GHL are unable to.
    No accusations or blame, just confused is all.

The reef angel control is crude, and is very nonfunctional I have been personally following that thread on reef central. Ecotech also do not support it. I am sure Ecotech would get very upset with any company that tries to hack their code, it does nothing for long term company relations especially when both companies already work close together in product functional control.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Fair enough, thanks for clearing that up. It is one reason I came from a Reef Angel to a Profilux, enjoying the stability.

Jon from Ecotech responded and tells me there are no plans that he is aware of currently for the two companies to work together on this, I assume everyone is focused on their own stuff currently.

Quote Originally Posted by mattau View Post
    Fair enough, thanks for clearing that up. It is one reason I came from a Reef Angel to a Profilux, enjoying the stability.

Jon from Ecotech responded and tells me there are no plans that he is aware of currently for the two companies to work together on this, I assume everyone is focused on their own stuff currently.

It's funny they would say that now as they were saying from the get-go that they were just finishing their coding and would be releasing it to 3rd party soon (that was a year or so ago). I guess they decided to go back on that idea. Oh well . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl07 View Post
    It's funny they would say that now as they were saying from the get-go that they were just finishing their coding and would be releasing it to 3rd party soon (that was a year or so ago). I guess they decided to go back on that idea. Oh well . . . .
    Apparently they are trying to get ecotechlive out and combine pumps and radions through that.