Thread: Tunze 6095 & Battery backup

Default Tunze 6095 & Battery backup

Hi All

If I am using the Additional Power Supply, what settings do the pumps default to when the Power is cut? My Profilux will not be on as I don't use a BPS with it.

Thanks again.

the pumps will shut down because a ProfiLux without power supply outputs 0V as control signal
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Additional info: There is a DIY solution shown here - infortunately it´s in german language. But the image also shows it clearly.

Great! Thank you very much!

Is GHL working on correcting this?
    Currently I have to use a Tunze controller for my pumps becuase battery backup doesn't work with Profilux.

Is GHL working on correcting this?
    I think, this is nothing GHL can correct that easy. Output for Tunze pumps is only one of the many possibilities for 1-10V output (Light control, propeller control, other pump controllers etc.). Other uses habe to be respected also. And for that, the shown solution will generate problems.

And in fact, no one will guarantee you that the battery pack will have no effect to the Profilux output if you combine the controller with the battery pack. So it´s on your own risk to do so. There is shown a way how to do DIY, you have to decide if you want to go this way or not.

You could use a UPS for the GHL unit and the pumps.
    This would keep it all powered. By adjusting the UPS size (and cost) you can have it run for a longer period of time.

Has anyone built this modified Tunze/GHL cable to allow battery backup? I can follow the diagram ok but wondered what it looks like built....