Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plm-adin

Default Plm-adin

I have the Avast pressure switch on my Davy Jones Locker and trying to set the pressure switch to shut off the skimmer when the locker is full.

http://www.avastmarine.com/ssc/do/pr...ressure-Switch

I have the PLM-ADIN, wired to wire #2 and #8 ground. How do I program this to shut the skimmer pump off? I don't see how to do this, or is this even possible?
    Thanks
    Perry
    A screen shot is worth a thousand words...

Profilux 3.1N eX, 3 PAB 6D, Slave Doser, PLM-ADIN, Vortech Controller, PLM-PWC, Leak detector, 2 LX 6100HV Mitras
    Controlling a 150 DSA Peninsula mixed reef.

set the function of the socket you want to use to "digital input x" (x refers to the input you used)

maybe you need to set [inverse] for this socket for your purpose
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thanks Matthias, that worked, for anyone else doing this you don't have to invert. Checked it by blowing on the switch and skimmer shut off, so it's working as it should.
    Perry
    A screen shot is worth a thousand words...

Profilux 3.1N eX, 3 PAB 6D, Slave Doser, PLM-ADIN, Vortech Controller, PLM-PWC, Leak detector, 2 LX 6100HV Mitras
    Controlling a 150 DSA Peninsula mixed reef.

Frage Two functions...one socket?

Matthias I use socket S12 for my skimmer. It is connected to a float switch that turns it off when the water level rises in my sump (as a result of me turning my main pump off). Is it possible to keep this setup AND also have my skimmer turn off when activated by the pressure switch Perry describes above? If so, how? Thank you in advance for your help.

Last edited by Rotknee; 28.12.2013 at 02:13. Reason: edited for clarity

Bump for a little help. I'm hoping my request is within the capability of the P3.

here you have to use programmable logic:

logic y: Fill water (ATO & AWC) 2 AND digital input x

then assign function "logic y" to this socket
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Default Not working as expected?

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    here you have to use programmable logic:

logic y: Fill water (ATO & AWC) 2 AND digital input x

then assign function "logic y" to this socket
    I set up per your instructions and the following happens

1. The system triggers an Alarm that cannot be reset. Pressing the reset button temporarily fixes it and then it comes back.
    2. The socket (S12) remains off and cannot be turned on.

What did I do wrong?

Last edited by Rotknee; 13.02.2014 at 20:49. Reason: corrected screen shots.

Two more things.

Thank you in advance for your help with this issue. I am using PLC v6.06 with firmware v6.05 on a P3.1NeX.
    Last edited by Rotknee; 13.02.2014 at 21:00.

I've been trying different scenarios to see if I could get the Profilux to work but have failed thus far. I also wanted to let you know the digital input switches are wired to be closed; i.e., when unpressurized, the switch reports a closed, or activated, state. Perhaps that makes a difference?

I fear there is no solution

if you force the socket to shut off using the digital input with the prog. logic the timer for the max. on-time is still running

if this time is exceeded the alarm is active

maybe you increase the max. on-time if this helps