Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Current status of the GHL-ProfiLux-App

I guess you're going to have to wait!

Its been 3 years, so a few more months won't hurt.
    http://reefbuilders.com/2010/02/18/g...ii-iphone-app/

Quote Originally Posted by reef View Post
    Its been 3 years, so a few more months won't hurt.
    http://reefbuilders.com/2010/02/18/g...ii-iphone-app/

In defense of GHL this app WAS ALREADY created by a third party. It has/had a number of issues and the developer has since abandoned the app.

I still use it, however, I can't shut off sockets due to to a number of GHL FW updates, but I can still view my data and graphs of water parameters. I can see all my sockets, I just can't shut them on/off.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSHOW View Post
    In defense of GHL this app WAS ALREADY created by a third party. It has/had a number of issues and the developer has since abandoned the app.

I still use it, however, I can't shut off sockets due to to a number of GHL FW updates, but I can still view my data and graphs of water parameters. I can see all my sockets, I just can't shut them on/off.
    That's pretty wild you're still running the "other" Ap. Mine stopped working a good while back so I was really lost. I kind of got spoiled with the remote monitoring ability even as limited as it was. Actually mine had a bug in it that would turn on my ALARM for temp every time the heater kicked on LOL! Of course it only started doing that when I was on vacation in another COUNTRY for 7 days LOL!

The GHL ap should be as robust and dependable as the rest of their products so it should be something well worth the wait and anticipation

Allen actually highlights a good point here.

Apps that the manufacturer has no control over the quality of can prove fatal to a tank. This is why GHL are taking their time. I would rather wait another 6 months for a reliable APP than have one kill my tank!

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Another point is in the FW updates. The 3rd party aps had to be re-written or at least "Tweaked" with many of the new FW updates. In fact this is one of the main reasons why MrProfiLux went to the way-side. One of the safety checks in a recent FW update rendered the ap pretty much nonfunctional.

At least with GHL providing the AP they have inside information on upcoming changes to the FW and can tweak the ap (and test it) accordingly.

It's half March and no more news

I can agree with some opinions here that is better to announce some new product when you are sure
    that you can release in time, this is a proof of professionalism. Is a little bit late for me to switch to
    other controller on the market, and I don't want to do that, I already have 3 Profilux, but I am
    disappointed that we are waiting this application for more then 3 years now.

Sometimes it's all about image.

Seriously?
    Are you in the right PLANET?
    Go to the App Store and search GHL PROFILUX
    I know it's been long overdue but they released the app this weekend and for a first run....
    I AM HAPPY

Doggydoc

Quote Originally Posted by kirucd View Post
    It's half March and no more news

I can agree with some opinions here that is better to announce some new product when you are sure
    that you can release in time, this is a proof of professionalism. Is a little bit late for me to switch to
    other controller on the market, and I don't want to do that, I already have 3 Profilux, but I am
    disappointed that we are waiting this application for more then 3 years now.

Sometimes it's all about image.
    It is always wise to search the forum and keep up to date with the latest info before posting comments like this.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Yes, I am on the right planet after 3 years of waiting for this application.
    I searched on the forum and did not found anything to announce that the application
    was realesed last weekend, thanks for the info. Maybe I did not search good enough.
    Hope the application is what people expect to be.