Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Current status of the GHL-ProfiLux-App

I think the answer to all this is simple. Mattias seems to like announcing things WAY before they are ready and has yet to make any of the "estimates" ever given (case in point the new Web Server).

I know software development takes time and that it is extremely complicated and i think Mattias and his team are doing a good job, BUT it might be best in terms of customer satisfaction to not announce things before they are actually ready to be released.

It terms of web/app software why not get a professional team to do it, I sure most will pay for it.
    These days most of us want a decent app/web server so we can play and have full control when we are away from our tanks, looking at the Apex/ Aquatronica , they seems to be light years ahead in software development.

Totally true.....if you don't promise anything then nobody can complain. So only announce a release period or date or new functionality when you are 99% sure that you are gonna honor that promise. This way the complaining will stay down to a minimum.

I solely bought my Touch on the promises of new functionality that we still don't have, so yes.... this feels like I am being lied to and just as in my personal life this is something I take a bit personal.

For the record I think that GHL is still a good company with good products.

For now we just have to see when the APP will be released.................

Quote Originally Posted by richard.mayo View Post
    I think the answer to all this is simple. Mattias seems to like announcing things WAY before they are ready and has yet to make any of the "estimates" ever given (case in point the new Web Server).

I know software development takes time and that it is extremely complicated and i think Mattias and his team are doing a good job, BUT it might be best in terms of customer satisfaction to not announce things before they are actually ready to be released.

<rant> I disagree, but whatever way you look at it people will complain. It was good enough of the GHL team to tell us that they are working on it and its something to look forward to. I wonder how much time they have spent over the years replying to threads like this instead of concentrating on coding/testing. Considering they are in the BETA stages now, it shouldn't be too much longer. And you cant compare a GHL Profilux to any other aquarium computer on the market. Ok, some might have a nice web interface at present, but seriously, can they do half of what a Profilux can? </rant>
    Last edited by JasonK; 26.01.2013 at 06:27.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonK View Post
    <rant> I disagree, but whatever way you look at it people will complain. It was good enough of the GHL team to tell us that they are working on it and its something to look forward to. I wonder how much time they have spent over the years and replying to threads like this instead of concentrating on coding/testing. Considering they are in the BETA stages now, it shouldn't be too much longer. And you cant compare a GHL Profilux to any other aquarium on the market. Ok, some might have a nice web interface at present, but seriously, can they do half of what a Profilux can? </rant>
    I do agree.
    I am in the group of the eagerly awaiting for THE app.... But I guess I have to sit and wait patiently until it comes out. I do know that when it comes out, like any other GHL product out there, I should be very happy.
    I guess what I am trying to say is that I am ok with the wait....
    Maybe before MACNA 2013.

Ok, some might have a nice web interface at present, but seriously, can they do half of what a Profilux can? </rant>
    Yes, most can do everything a profilux can. That is seriously fact.

Quote Originally Posted by reef View Post
    It terms of web/app software why not get a professional team to do it, I sure most will pay for it.
    These days most of us want a decent app/web server so we can play and have full control when we are away from our tanks, looking at the Apex/ Aquatronica , they seems to be light years ahead in software development.
    Actually no its completely way off the mark, since when did apex have a dedicated doser that allowed you to dose in ML or a flow sensor that did not require some coded open source re work? Aquatronica have not released a new accessory for years.

Ok some important facts before this thread gets closed for becoming overheated.

1. GHL are using a professional team
    2. OTHER controller manufacturers rely heavily on user open source for APPS, this leads to multiple issues and unreliability. GHL is sold to you as a product you can rely on, I think everyone here would be pretty mad if an APP was hashed out only to go belly up on you.
    3. The GHL (opposite to what was posted here) is THE most functional controller on the market, not one single other controller offers the amount of hardware functions that the ProfiLux does, the down side to the APP fans out here is that everyone will want something different from that product suite to control, and for an APP that is not easy, it takes time, effort and a lot of resources to get it right.

I have played with the other controller APPS and they are little more than fancy graphing tools and the ability to turn a plug socket on and off. GHL is way more advanced than that.

We can scream as much as we like about the APP not coming but when it comes it will come and it will be as with everything else with GHL. top notch. Until then maybe forget about it enjoy your GHL immense relaibility where you dont have to worry about keep on checking into it, and be amazed when one day you see it is available. Thats what I am doing

On side note we have clients running native software on their Tablets with Win8 works great. who needs an app

In closing - I know a few are ********** by this, but continually posting "flaming comments" will not bring it faster, I just hope these voices also listen to the genuine answers that you will get what you want and just because product X has one before product Y does not make product X's any better. GHL will deliver, never failed anyone yet.
    Last edited by aqua_digital; 28.01.2013 at 15:59.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSHOW View Post
    ........because I will be extremely pissed off.
    Be shure that you you will have very wet trousers after getting the current app in a few days

Quote Originally Posted by klauslb View Post
    Be shure that you you will have very wet trousers after getting the current app in a few days
    Sweet, I will take that humiliation for an app any day

Look, all I was asking for was a little more transparency in what is/was going on with App. Even a simple post on a weekly basis saying something along the lines of "still beta testing, working out the bugs, another update in a weeks time" Or better yet.. a post with examples of some bugs that were occurring and being worked out...that would of been great as well.

I simply CAN'T WAIT for a GHL run APP