Thread: Download causes crash

Default Download causes crash

I have been using my Profilux 3 ex with the Profilux controls software on my Mac for years now. I use Parallels as my PC emulator and really never had much problems with it . Recently I noticed that the Profilux would disconnect soon after I connected . Within a few minutes it would just disconnect. I noticed that I was still using 5.1.4 so I thought I would upgrade to eliminate this problem. When The Profilux finishes installing the 5.1.4 software i get an error message saying "The ordinal 254 couldnot be located in the dynamic link library msi.dll. After I hit OK I get another error message saying "The procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNELS32.dll ". I tried removing the software the reinstalling again but still get the same message. I even tried going back to 5.1.4 but I get the same error messages. Have I forgotten a step somewhere ??? Any help I appreciated. The Profilux is connect to a router with a lan cable and my computer is using wireless connection. This has been the way I have had it setup since before I upgraded to the PIII . Thanks in advance, Neil

Neil,
    When I looked at this, my first thoughts were it is a windows error message, not a profilux file.
    Sure enough I did a google search for the file and quite a number of hits came up.
    Do your own search and see if there are any solutions that work for you!
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!

ANTIPODES, I was finally able to install the appropriate software and now running 5.1.5.1 . The only problem I have now is that if i go to socket functions and use the override i get disconnected and get error 50 message. Most of the time its 50 sometimes I have gotten error 28. Any place to see what these codes mean ? Neil

Hi

in 5.14 security features for manual override had been added - that's why your ProfiLux firmware and ProfiLuxControl is not compatible

if you have a firmware below 5.14 you need to upgrade if you want to use the newest PLC
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.