Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: USB Problems

edit -

after restart check com port is still 15 if not match mitras to new com port

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

No joy, I'll go check the links posted, see what I can do from there.
    Perry
    A screen shot is worth a thousand words...

Profilux 3.1N eX, 3 PAB 6D, Slave Doser, PLM-ADIN, Vortech Controller, PLM-PWC, Leak detector, 2 LX 6100HV Mitras
    Controlling a 150 DSA Peninsula mixed reef.

Looks like the same links I found searching late into last night.
    Changed the COM port to match at 15, tried 25 last night, neither worked. Even made the baud rate match at 38400.
    Tried deleting the registry values indicated, won't let me delete them for some reason.
    Tried to go to Samsung support to update drivers for this laptop, tells me I have an invalid model number, their support is lacking though. Full of dead links.
    Perry

Profilux 3.1N eX, 3 PAB 6D, Slave Doser, PLM-ADIN, Vortech Controller, PLM-PWC, Leak detector, 2 LX 6100HV Mitras

Hmmm sounds like you have multiple lap top issues, this will be hard for us to resolve. The only thing I can suggest is take it to a repair shop to sort out the issues. From my research it seems you have an issue within device manager as you should be able to delete those values.

I will try at some point today to set up a mitras here at home and send you screen shots of my settings in device manager.

Deleted the values in the registry, changed permissions, rebooted fine. Removed the COM port, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted. Still the same result. I really don't think I have multiple issues, naturally I could, but I keep this laptop clean and it runs fine. The only problem I've had is trying to run this GHL software, no other USB problems at all. Like I said the Rs232 adapter worked, I would've thought that would be a problem since RS232 ports are all but extinct on modern computers, but it worked without a hitch. A tech would have to make a house call and I know none that would do that, at least without paying out the you know what.
    Perry

I understand - the problem is we have not a lot to go on as there are no other reported cases globally and the download is the same for everyone.

I would try another PC I cant imagine you having issues with multiple devices.

You can open a support ticket up with GHL directly and see what they come up with for you.

http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/english/

As I stated I hooked up to another PC that is only used as a front end for my home theater. It's clean with minimal software to run off my home server for music, pictures and movies on the TV. Same thing happens. I have a brother that has written code since 1980, unfortunately he isn't making it to town for Christmas this year, however in the past the first thing he asks is "What changed". That is your problem if the computer ran fine before. I'll try the ticket route, thanks.
    Perry

Unfortunately we have not a lot to go on as its not a reported issue and you have the same download as everyone else

I just installed it on my home laptop running windows 7 to look at some settings for you and it works fine as expected.

I am not sure what support GHL are offering over the christmas period through until next year, but I have emailed all available members to make them aware.

If you like I can post my screen shots and see if you can spot any differences.
    Last edited by aqua_digital; 24.12.2012 at 19:58.

Sure post the screen shots, not worried about support since this is soon to be on the back burner, Christmas with family and friends for the next couple days. Unfortunately none of them are into aquariums and I know of no-one in my local reef club with Mitras. They're waiting on my opinion before they jump.
    Perry

Sometimes it's simple, turns out the USB is tricky to get it to connect. I figured that everything goes back to a driver not loading, so first thing is I'm probably not getting a connection. Got up close with a magnifying glass at the light connection, made sure things lined up and that's was it. It feels like a solid connection but it can fool you, me anyway. Plugged into the PC, drivers loaded, GHL Control connected without issue. Now I need to figure out how to change and save settings. Thanks for the help, happy for the moment.
    Perry