Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: USB Problems

I am sure you have searched the forums and seen nobody has reported code 10 as an issue and your download is not different to anyone else's so we can assume the driver is stable, otherwise it would be a product wide issue.

However code 10 on searching states "corrupt driver" this can happen from time to time on a bad download or if some internal settings to the system files have been manipulated.

I would suggest following this route

1. Uninstall the software
    2. Go to device manager and make sure that COM and LPT are now showing, if not please revert back to my original advise on fixing this
    3. Reload software
    4. Connect Mitras and follow last step by step advise.

As this is not a reported issue, if the above fails then I would suggest connecting the lamp to a friends PC or laptop to rule anything else out. But it sounds like due to the missing COM port the drivers settings may have been changed or corrupted.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

No joy, I realize I'm the only one that seems to have this problem. I'll keep trying things, thanks for the help. Maybe I need to uninstall a fifth time and edit the registry to delete anything there then reinstall. I'm grasping for straws here. Time for a glass of my favorite Canadian beverage, Crown.
    Perry
    A screen shot is worth a thousand words...

Profilux 3.1N eX, 3 PAB 6D, Slave Doser, PLM-ADIN, Vortech Controller, PLM-PWC, Leak detector, 2 LX 6100HV Mitras
    Controlling a 150 DSA Peninsula mixed reef.

I am looking into this solution since I am still trying to connect Mitras to my PC
    So half moon don't feel bad....you are NOT alone.

Quote Originally Posted by doggydoc10 View Post
    I am looking into this solution since I am still trying to connect Mitras to my PC
    So half moon don't feel bad....you are NOT alone.
    Glad to know I'm not alone, I'm at a loss, tried everything I can think of. If I knew what chip is in the Mitras perhaps I could go to that manufacturer website and get a driver there, don't know what else to do. I'm still looking though, some of it's quite funny though, like Microsoft's solution "Check with the manufacturer for an updated driver".
    Perry

Profilux 3.1N eX, 3 PAB 6D, Slave Doser, PLM-ADIN, Vortech Controller, PLM-PWC, Leak detector, 2 LX 6100HV Mitras

Ok we need to keep this on topic.

Doggdoc - Your issue is not related, your issue is due to you using MAC and a known issue virtual machine has with windows drivers. Perry's issue is with Windows.

Perry - Unfortunately you are alone with this issue and it seems related to your PC not having COM or LPT activated in device manager. I am still not clear if you have activated this. If you have you may need to then create manually a virtual COM port, we can help you with this.

The driver is stable if it was not then you would find lots of threads on this as what you downloaded is no different and I am very confident if you tried it on a friends laptop the issue would not be present.

So way forward to help

1. Please post screen shot of your device manager showing the COM port
    2. Please open the COM port and with Mitras connected we can see what is listed.

If nothing listed we will talk you through adding a virtual port.

I have done more research and been onto Windows support for you

Code 10 also relates to a comparability issue with other software loaded on your computer

The Code 10 error pertains mainly to hardware and device driver issues or to compatibility issues between hardware drivers and additional software that is installed in Windows

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...6-bbc6d9b69bc9

There is a mass of helpful hints on Google other than the above for resolving this.

I hope that helps

Attachment 3361

Tried this morning with an Acer that I use for a front end on my home theater, same thing. Not sure how to get the screen shot to appear in the thread, it loaded as attachment. Apparently photobucket doesn't like pdf files, learning all kinds of new stuff with this problem. I did add the COM port as you can see in the pdf, but it's Code 10 and basically does not work, so something is wrong in my sequence I'm guessing.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Perry

Ok good, it is also showing the driver so its recognizing it.

There is something in your registry blocking it, possibly the port number its using, it may not be recognizing such a low value, mine sits on 15 yours is using 2.

I think this is covered in the windows link I sent you.

I am looking at another option also right now and will revert back

Double click on the virtual com port that has been installed the one that shows the yellow warning

Click on port settings
    Click on advanced
    Change com port to 15
    close and restart your pc
    Change com port in Mitras connection tab to com 15

try again