Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time in PLC

Default Time in PLC

Anyone else have problems with keeping accurate time in the PLC? I have to constantly hit the use PC time button, the time is correct but the am/pm changes when it shouldn't. I'm using the "time.windows.com" setting to sync time. The NTP settings did the same thing with am/ pm. A bug, or something I'm missing?
    Thanks,
    Perry

Maybe you have set the wrong time zone (12h away from yours) ...

Anyway, time.windows.com is reported in forums as an unreliable time server - have in mind, the Profilux is not a PC with windows as operating system.
    I suggest to use a time server from ntp.org

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    Maybe you have set the wrong time zone (12h away from yours) ...

Anyway, time.windows.com is reported in forums as an unreliable time server - have in mind, the Profilux is not a PC with windows as operating system.
    I suggest to use a time server from ntp.org
    I live in Louisiana, USA and use UTC 6 in the timezone settings under system LAN. I'll try NTP again, I got up this morning at 6:00 am and checked the Profilux time, 1800. Checked the PLC and it was pm, so the Profilux and PLC are the same. You're right that they're 12 hours off and I'm thinking this will mess with my timers.

I live in Louisiana, USA and use UTC 6 in the timezone settings under system LAN.
    +6 UTC is the time zone of the middle of Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Bhutan and Bangladesh (Myanmar) - I don´t think this is near Louisiana.

See the scheme of World time zones from Wikipedia (big image!)

You may use -6 UTC to get it work
    Last edited by Gunther; 10.12.2012 at 14:01.

I can help you. Let me get home tonight and I will be more than happy to help you. Email me at xy.
    You just have to switch under the system tab, LAN properties to a diff time server. I use time.apple.com. A bit more reliable. I can help you with the setting tonight when I get home.

Same thing happens whenever it updates, I'm thinking that I'm missing a config file. Reading up on the NTP site now and will report back. Thanks for the help.
    Perry

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    +6 UTC is the time zone of the middle of Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Bhutan and Bangladesh (Myanmar) - I don´t think this is near Louisiana.

See the scheme of World time zones from Wikipedia (big image!)

You may use -6 UTC to get it work
    Hmm, didn't realize I could use negative numbers, makes sense. I'll try that.

Quote Originally Posted by doggydoc10 View Post
    I can help you. Let me get home tonight and I will be more than happy to help you. Email me at Longodvm@aol.com
    You just have to switch under the system tab, LAN properties to a diff time server. I use time.apple.com. A bit more reliable. I can help you with the setting tonight when I get home.
    I'll take you up on that, I'll try Gunther's idea of using -6 as the timezone. If that doesn't work I'll email you and see what we can do. Really appreciate the help.
    Thanks,
    Perry

Seems to work now, over an hour and still the right time.
    Thanks, got to love the simple solutions. Sometimes it's a palm to the forehead moment, but so goes life.
    Perry
    A screen shot is worth a thousand words...

Profilux 3.1N eX, 3 PAB 6D, Slave Doser, PLM-ADIN, Vortech Controller, PLM-PWC, Leak detector, 2 LX 6100HV Mitras
    Controlling a 150 DSA Peninsula mixed reef.

The (+/-) before the number is correction from GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) to your current location. GMT right now is 3:30pm (GMT +0) and 10:30am here (GMT -5) in North Carolina.

Your geographical location will determine what the correction is and as you've already learned yours is (GMT-6) so it's 9:30am where you are right now.