Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Firmware 5.15 and ProfiLuxControl is coming

Yes, The Jan 17th firmware release was a stable release.

Matthias,

Should updating the WebServer, ServerPort and saving it automatically take effect? I had to reboot my profilux before the Webserver moved ports from old to new.

Jason

17th january? For till now this firmware has a problems...

I have a question, Are you working to resolve problems with update setting and stable?

smithpl, I would consider the Jan 17th version a stable release. The webport setting needing a profilux reboot to pickup the new port number could be by design and its not something that people change regularly anyway. There are no problems or items of concern from my perspective.

what needs to be backed up prior to the upgrade of the firmware?

(For completeness on this thread as I see you asked the same question on the App Release)
    Write your settings out to file, I do this as part of any firmware upgrade. (and not just for the Profilux)

In Profilux Control Its in File, Transmit All Settings From Profilux to File.

Is it after the upgrade u will use the restore function to put back the settings ?

No. After a normal firmware upgrade, all your settings should still be intact and you would not need to use the exported settings. It takes less than a minute to save all your settings to a file, and its a backup/failsafe and a good to have.

If for whatever reason your upgrade fails, e.g. you loose a USB connection during the download to the Profilux and you need to reflash the deceive manually, having all your settings backed up in a file would assist in getting you back up and running once you have applied the firmware again.

Lose a USB? Are we back to a USB don't we have to invent the weal by finding an old computer with rs232?

I was using usb as an example. My point being its always a good idea to backup your settings, just in case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD