Thread: Profilux 3 "rebooting"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Profilux 3 "rebooting"

I have today discovered, that my P3 is sort of rebooting, or just is compleetly dead. After removing the power, the p3 is starting up normally, and can run a period, and stops or rebboting again. I have never experienced this before, just discovered today. Its a P2, upgraded to a P3 last year, with the latest firmware onboard.

Have anyone else experienced this issue ?

Quote Originally Posted by gnisten View Post
    I have today discovered, that my P3 is sort of rebooting, or just is compleetly dead. After removing the power, the p3 is starting up normally, and can run a period, and stops or rebboting again. I have never experienced this before, just discovered today. Its a P2, upgraded to a P3 last year, with the latest firmware onboard.

Have anyone else experienced this issue ?
    Sounds like something is failing when the unit heats up with usage.
    Could possibly be a loose connection on a plug. Would pull the back off (with power off) and reset all the plugs and modules and then retry again.
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!

Try another power supply if you have - similar problems reported here where solved by replacing the pober adapter.

I have tried another power supply, (got an extra from an extra dosing unit, which i dont use for the moment), but the profilux still reboots randomly. Today i did a firmware upgrade to the latest version, did a factory reset, and reprogrammed all settings, calibrated my probes and so on, but it still reboots.

First i thought it was when i have my 4 tunze's connected, because it seemes that i didnt reboot when they were disconnected, but the problem remains.

Maybe its somekind of interferrance, i dont know, but im very **********, and are ready to buy a new PIII controller...... Sucks..

I have following connected to the PIII ex.

1 Profilux touch
    1 Powerbar 6 pab
    2 switchable Powerbars
    4 tunze pumps with tunze cables connected to the 1-10v interfaces
    Ph probe
    Temp probe
    Redox probe
    Conductivity probe
    Humidity/Airtemp probe
    3 Optical level sensors

Following extensioncards.:

PLM Humidity
    PLM 2L/4S

Reboot observed several times today, but not as frequent as when tunzes connected ??? today current pumps (tunze) are disconnected.... im going insane...

I was wondering if wrong cables etc could be an issue, i have made custom cables for my two analog switchbars, out of cat 6 network cable, in lengths of 3 meters each, this type of cable is in twisted pairs. Ghl's cables are cables in straight wires. But again, i have used these cables for a long time without any issues....

Another thing is that the profilux 3 i have is an upgraded profilux 2.... And something maybe defective in the old electronics....