Thread: Brightness on Moonlight.

Default Brightness on Moonlight.

I have tested different combinations of LED channels, and channels alone to find a moonlight with a brightness that i like, but in my opinion, i thing the Moonlight is to bright when the moonphase is at its lowest point. I have 4 mitras LX over my 1.100 l tank. The LED Channel is set to 3%, as in the default light project. It would be nice if the brightness could be lowered even more, but i think it is difficult, from an electronic point of view. Maybe run moonlight with fewer diodes, og even decide how many of your lamps should run the Moonphases, when they are linked together.

Or maybe its just me :-)

I often dive in the red sea, and i know tha the moonlight is extremely bright, on some nightdives, you can navigate under the water, with the torch shut off. :-)

Could it be the timing? Right now the "Real" moon is very close to full so if the Mitras (and I'm throwing a big IF in there since I'm not running one) is simulating the actual phase of the moon it might be brighter right now than say in 2 weeks from now.

Like I said that's a big IF but I did notice my living room was well lit in the wee hours of the night because the moon is so bright right now but remember I'm running a SimuStick off of the GHL ProfiLux controller and the Mitras may not be carrying the same moon parameters as the ProfiLux.

Hmm. the timing is ok, the lamps are following the phases correctly, i just think there´s too much power on, but as i said, the moon i real nature is extremely bright, so :-)
    I ran the ghl simul moonbar before on the profilux, so i think it was the same if i had two of those back then. I personally just wish that we could get a little bit lower on the brightness, so the halfmoonphases wasn´t so bright, but again, i dont think its possible, according to the way LED´s are driven.

Im not unsatisfied at all, i love the mitras, and love the moonphases, no doubt about that....

yes, there is a technical limit for the minimum brightness

below it the LEDs may flicker
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I know. Maybe run moonlight with fewer diodes would do it, but its not possible because of the configuration of the channels.