Thread: Trying to adjust temp reading and program crasch

Default Trying to adjust temp reading and program crasch

My temperature reading is about 1 degC off compared with a thermometer reading in the aquarium.

I have a 3.1A and have downloaded the latest PC software. I'm running firmware 5.14.

I have a temperature probe installed (standard arrangement) and would like to adjust the temperature reading 1 degC upp so that the temp.reading from profilux corresponds to the water temperature.

In the PC program there is a button "adjust temperature". When I try to click the program crashes??

- Should it be possible to adjust the temp reading from the profilux via the PC program?
    - Is it possible to re-calibrate the temp probe?
    - Why does the PC program crash when I try to adjust the temp., there is a button for it?

My temperature reading is about 1 degC off compared with a thermometer reading in the aquarium.
    So you have to decide who´s the one which is right .... normally the Profilux is much more accurate than a standard thermometer

- Should it be possible to adjust the temp reading from the profilux via the PC program?
    Yes.

- Is it possible to re-calibrate the temp probe?
    No (in fact: How will you do that - with normal equipment it´s not possible)

- Why does the PC program crash when I try to adjust the temp., there is a button for it?
    We don´t know your environment - so who knows? Please describe how the program crashes - does it freeze, or stops it?

There was an issue with an invisible popup window, which can be seen if you print <ALT>+<TAB> twice (task switcher away and back)
    Last edited by Gunther; 27.11.2012 at 14:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    So you have to decide who´s the one which is right .... normally the Profilux is much more accurate than a standard thermometer
    Ok, you are right maybe the thermometer is not correct

Yes.

No (in fact: How will you do that - with normal equipment it´s not possible)
    OK, understood

We don´t know your environment - so who knows? Please describe how the program crashes - does it freeze, or stops it?

There was an issue with an invisible popup window, which can be seen if you print <ALT>+<TAB> twice (task switcher away and back)
    I run it in Windows 7 environment, standard laptop computer. I can't see the pop-up window, but that you have already cleared as per above. Then the program freeze and I can't save or load and have to shut down the program via the task manager. I will verify later today again.

Now that I will probably rely on the GHL temp. probe value the above issue is not critical any more but it would be good to know the reason for the problem.

I have had the same issue when we have to do a repair on a ProfiLux and reload the settings. The only way round I have found is drop back to V5.10 software and firmware, adjust your values then reload software and firmware to latest version.

I have made GHL aware a while back. I am sure it will be fixed in the next version.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Then the program freeze
    Again: The program doesn´t freeze - it has a pop-up window which is not visible in that state.

• If you think it´s freezed,
    • press and hold <ALT> and then press <TAB>
    • release both buttons,
    • press and hold <ALT> and then press <TAB> again
    • and you will see

Hiya

Mine freezes, program cant be closed and it greys out, then have to go to task manager. V5.10 does not do this.

Mine freezes, program cant be closed and it greys out, then have to go to task manager.
    Have you tried my advice? Investigating a little bit more shows up that´s enough to press the <ALT>-Button to bring up the hidden window ....
    (Win7/64+PLC5.1.4.3.+PL5.14)

not yet but will do as good advise if it works