Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strange readings from conductivity probe!

You are definitely doing all you can to reduce the risk of failures.....good for you for understanding the failure can and will occur....a lot of people want the buy it and forget or the double click of a mouse solution.....this is just not possible with reef tanks....I do not know anyone in the reefing hobby who has never had a failure, a minor crash, a major crash, or worst of all a complete system crash....you will soon find out who is dedicated to the hobby and who is not lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Here is a question that has been bothering me for quite awhile.....
    Why does ghl produce 50ms calibration solution and not 53ms? Are some people keeping reef tanks at 50ms? I do not know of any other companies doing this and I do not understand how it is beneficial.....a 53ms solution would help me more because then I could put the probe into it and see if it reads what I keep my tank at which is 53ms or very close to it. For this reason, I do not use the ghl solution..... I prefer using 53ms like every other person I know in North America....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Why does ghl produce 50ms calibration solution and not 53ms?
    The solution is - as the name suggests - made to calibrate probes. It´s nice to have it near the value you want to measure at the end, but that´s not mandatory. Even if it´s lower ot higher, it will be good what it´s made for.

In europe (where GHL products are comming from) the 50ms solution is standard from most suppliers - but for the target this doesn´t matter. Both is o.k. for calibration purposes if you use the corespondendig values and ensure that the solution has the right temperature

Maybe reason is the same why you guys still use such crude units like inch, foot and mile ...
    Last edited by Gunther; 29.11.2012 at 08:12.

problem solved thread closed
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.