Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The GHL App for ProfiLux

Quote Originally Posted by hemoi View Post
    Any plans for us Microsoft people
    Windows 8 RT, and Windows Phone 8 ....please say yes
    I would imagine if enough people show an interest/need they would consider this endeavor but more people need to let GHL know this is a need or it may not appear to be so.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    This thread is about smartphone/tablet apps, not about PC programs.
    It was just a sugestion, whats the big deal?
    Dam...

There are more and more apple/Mac users every year and there is obvious reason for it......I would have bought an apple brand MacBook but got a laptop instead so I could run the ghl software....I have owned the laptop for about 5 months now and have had numerous issues with it......whereas my iPad is the same and always has been the same since the day I bought it..... Sorry to go kind of off topic but I felt the need to defend apple for its superior reliability over pc.....and remind ghl that we are the customers and we do have a say on this forum and on the products we purchase from ghl.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well said

Quote Originally Posted by hemoi View Post
    Any plans for us Microsoft people
    Windows 8 RT, and Windows Phone 8 ....please say yes
    Yes, was wondering myself as I only ever hear i this and android that.
    Currently running winmobile 6.5 and moving to mobile 8 and both surface 8 Pro and 8 RT.
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!

I use GHL PC Software on my Mac ( I haven't any PC computer at home :-( )
    I bought a Parallers desktop ( you can buy Vmware fusion too ) and there I've installed Windows XP (only for GHL Profilux software ) :-)
    It's stupid but it works :-)

It's a strange situation, many other companies that produce computers that Aquarium know the number of users of Apple computers is growing and the market is important (at least for the sale of products in the U.S.)
    I hope you will soon notice that GHL

Ditto that. I have been using my Mac to control and monitor my tank via Profilux with parallels since day ONE.
    A bit more challenging at the beginning but not an issue now.
    Can't wait for the app!!!!!

Mac software question is a simple matter of cost re-imbursement.

To develop MAC software will cost many thousands of Euro's it is not a cheap adventure by any standard. So GHL have to see if such a costly development would

A) Pay itself back in sales - if not then there is no point
    B) Take a lot of funding away from vital product development

As the mass market globally (remember this product is the only controller at this advanced level that is available around the world not just the USA) is predominantly PC still and that you can run windows program on a MAC it will be a hard argument to win that spending out so much cash on MAC software will pay itself back at least.

I personally have not come across a situation in pre sales talk that a client wont buy GHL because it does not have MAC software, the bigger area of concern was about having an APP instead. Even if we lost one sale in 10 it still would not pay itself back.

Most (Global) leading AQUARIUM brands of the same calibre as GHL do not yet have MAC, look at Ecotech for example, they have no MAC software.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Quote Originally Posted by aqua_digital View Post
    Mac software question is a simple matter of cost re-imbursement.

To develop MAC software will cost many thousands of Euro's it is not a cheap adventure by any standard. So GHL have to see if such a costly development would

A) Pay itself back in sales - if not then there is no point
    B) Take a lot of funding away from vital product development

As the mass market globally (remember this product is the only controller at this advanced level that is available around the world not just the USA) is predominantly PC still and that you can run windows program on a MAC it will be a hard argument to win that spending out so much cash on MAC software will pay itself back at least.

I personally have not come across a situation in pre sales talk that a client wont buy GHL because it does not have MAC software, the bigger area of concern was about having an APP instead. Even if we lost one sale in 10 it still would not pay itself back.

Most (Global) leading AQUARIUM brands of the same calibre as GHL do not yet have MAC, look at Ecotech for example, they have no MAC software.
    I would probably have to agree with you more here Michael.... The fact that profilux and pretty much all ghl products are not compatible with Mac has never been an issue for me really.....I purchased a new laptop on sale at futureshop to run profilux for only 299.....so I'm sure it will pay for itself....hey, for that price I can live in the flawed world of bill gates lol
    However, I am sure that most of us will be thrilled to see a release of the profilux app.....I would LOVE to see one for my iPad (iPhone will also work).....but like I have said, this has never really been an issue for me.....I would have rather seen some other issues addressed but hey the customers have spoken and you must listen!
    I also own a module for my tv that is called jynxbox android hd and it runs the latest ice cream sandwich android and acts as an open source media player much like a jailbroken Apple TV.....wondering if maybe the app will work on here as well....that would be amazing! I will admit that there is just so many uses for apps these days and continues to be more and more that it would (and is) worth GHL's time and money to invest in producing one.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yep agreed APP'S are the future.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support