Thread: Mitras and Mac

Default Mitras and Mac

Any Mac users who have been able to connect Mitras on a Mac via parallels please advise. I keep getting error 471. I have done all the "advised" fixes. Tried 4 diff macs with 4 diff windows operating systems--XP, 2000, 7 and 8-- getting same results. Able to see the Mitras but NOT connect. Any help would be appreciated since GHL states NOT THEIR ISSUE.
    Thanks

Belkin Wifi USB hub worked for me - connected also to the Profilux. This seems to fool the GHL software into thinking it is a real USB plugged in (as a virtual USB with Com Port 16 onwards).

I get the same error if I try and plug the USB directly into the Mac - clearly some driver issue in Parallels so it might be worth looking at the Parallels forums as well.

Thorne

Which belkin are you using exactly if you don't mind sharing?

Belkin Home Server For Wireless Peripheral Sharing - F5l049uk

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Serve...2923777&sr=8-1

The only issue I have found is that when the Mac goes to sleep it looses connectivity and the Belkin & GHL software needs to be restarted but that is probably a Parallels issue.

All the best - good luck.

Thorne

Any idea where I can buy one of those here in the states?

Thanks Thorne. Will see if it works.
    Thanks for your help

The only thing I cant manage to get it to do via the Belkin Hub is a firmware update as the GHL software seems to load an alternative driver , replacing the Belkin virtual driver. To upgrade the firmware I have had to revert to Apple Bootcamp, booting the MacBook as a PC and not using Parallels, and then directly connecting the Mitras to the Mac.

This is not too bad as upgrading the firmware is not that frequent and having direct Wifi connectivity via the Belkin hub from the Mac sitting in my chair for playing around with the colours and giving my corals and fish a disco is fun!!

T.

Hi Thorne,

thanks for your valuable and useful hints!

I hope your fish and coral like the disco ...
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.