Thread: lose connection a few time a day

Default lose connection a few time a day

Hello,

My p3 is working perfect but i have one issue, it loses connection to the network when i disconnect the powerplug from the p3 and connect it again iit works fine but after a few hours its the same problem again!

Anyone familiare with this problem?

many thx

no one?
    mathias? caroline?

Quote Originally Posted by scrub29 View Post
    Hello,

My p3 is working perfect but i have one issue, it loses connection to the network when i disconnect the powerplug from the p3 and connect it again iit works fine but after a few hours its the same problem again!

many thx

Quote Originally Posted by scrub29 View Post
    Hello,
    My P3 is working perfect, but I have one issue, it loses connection to the network.
    When I disconnect the powerplug from the p3 and connect it again, it works fine, but after a few hours it's the same problem again!
    many thx
    There have been a few issues some people were having, mainly related to the type of routers and bridges being used that caused the issues.
    In particular one or 2 users seemed to be having an identical issue to you.(chercm)

As with all networking, there are so many configurations and ways to achieve what you want only a very detailed analyis of what you have installed and all your configurations passed on here, can any one make a particular judgement.

Personally, I have a hard wired profilux to a standard 1 gigabit switch with a fixed IP to the profilux, this then goes through the DSL router. I use a Dyndns account to access the profilux using the the inbuilt web server. I can also use the profilux control software any where in the world using this system. I have no issues with connectivity (except once with a damaged cable from an earthquake) and it never appeared to drop out at all?
    Last edited by Antipodes; 17.11.2012 at 02:45. Reason: Errors in text
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!