Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Time Problem With "Fall Back" for Daylight Savings

It's all good now it seems.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Here are my settings......

I just want to confirm......so, as I understand the profilux cannot actually auto adjust the time for daylight savings? It requires the software setup using a timeserver or a manual adjust?

yes
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Do you not find this a little pathetic for such an advanced controller..... The only clock device that did not auto adjust was an old grandfather clock we have.....even my alarm clocks will auto adjust......I find this to be extremely bizarre!! You may close this thread now.

even my alarm clocks will auto adjust
    There are two ways for your clock to do so - DCF77 or a date/timetable adjustment.

• For first case: A DCF77 module is available as addon for the profilux - so networkless operation is possible wherever DCF signal is available
    • For second case: This is not capabable for the Profilux due it´s sold worldwide.
      Daylight saving dates are different over the world (even between USA and Europe) and you can´t know where it´s used.
      I´m sure a country-depended firmware would confuse much more than a not really accurate clock

Is your alarm clock also able to spread a time change over a couple of days, maybe a week, to have less effect to your fishes?
    In my opinion this function is worth much more than an independent automatic time change

BTW: I know some people who never change the time for such kind of clock due the effort is highter than the result.
    Last edited by Gunther; 29.11.2012 at 13:17.

Quote Originally Posted by benner View Post
    Do you not find this a little pathetic for such an advanced controller..... The only clock device that did not auto adjust was an old grandfather clock we have.....even my alarm clocks will auto adjust......I find this to be extremely bizarre!! You may close this thread now.
    Hmm, my watch ($8,000 Breitling) ,oven ,microwave, television can't adjust for daylight savings, or that matter the hard drive recorder, car and the list is very long?
    Operating systems for smart phones ipads computers etc, have complex software and lots of memory to play with to produce these sort of nice to have items. I thing GHL would very much like to have the resources Microsoft or Google can commit to their software products, and they have only just started getting into the hardware? But with the amount of product sold, I guess that would make our controllers around $100,000, as not every home wants two of these (or more).

Gunther,
    I do understand why this system does not have automatic change over and I can quite easily live without it. However I live in NZ and the NPT system does not work in our daylight savings. The PIII system does not allow 13 hours ahead of GMT as 12 is the limit (+12 being our normal time). Therefore when I do connect to NPT during summer it is one hour behind. (Perhaps another item to add to the already large fixes and enhancements package)

I do like to change the time on the controller as the measurement functions come through with a time stamp, so we can see when an event occurred! Now I am very used to moving around the world and adjusting to different time zones, but it helps if the P3 is set to the normal time where the tank is located. (My home)
    Last edited by Antipodes; 29.11.2012 at 20:08. Reason: Add content
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!

The PIII system does not allow 13 hours ahead of GMT as 12 is the limit (+12 being our normal time).
    So this is a bug report, I think. Due there are not that much customers from NZ, I think this problem (which is only relevant in your area) isn´t reported to the developers yet.
    Maybe it can be fixed in one of the next firmware releases.

You are hijacking my thread. This is off topic and the thread should now be closed like the others......

Hahaha, Yeah OK sorry!