Thread: Profilux 3 connect to my own central SMS system

Default Profilux 3 connect to my own central SMS system

Hi,

I have a question. I have Profilux 3 Ex. In my house I have central SMS system which is using for monitoring etc...
    Is it possible to connect Profilux 3 Ex to existed SMS system installed in my house?

in general you can access all current states, values and setting of the Profilux via LAN, RS232 or USB

but someone has to write the software for the link between your home automation system and ProfiLux
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thanks for informations....
    Is it possible to get information about COM port in Profilux?
    I've read in instruction notice that I can't use RS232 cable to connect Profilux with sms module.
    So, I quess there are other standard of pinouts...

you can use the RS232-cable which is shipped with all ProfiLux, it is also available separately

a few pins have extra functions
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

but I don't think the hardware interface is the problem, implementing the protocol is the bigger job

Thanks a lot , now i've bought your sms module but this project can be a great develop challenge, thanks for info :-)

Hi,
    is here some person who know how activate sms module option in PC application without GHL SMS module?
    I would like to make a converter between profilux 3 and my own SMS monitoring system in house.

On the begining I have to monitoring what sending application when looking for sms module and How I should response on it.

Thanks

Any informations? :-)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

is here some person who know how activate SMS module option in PC application without GHL SMS module?
    You can´t. The SMS module registers itself at the Profilux and gives keep-alive messages regularly. If you don´t have a module, the support for SMS module stays deactivated.

I would like to make a converter between Profilux 3 and my own SMS monitoring system in house.
    Due the protocols are not disclosed (not the RS232 nor the PAB), I would not use that way. Even if you can re-engineer the protocol and get it work, this may stay only until next update of PL3 and SMS module.

Instead of that I would recommend you to use the tokens from the build-in webserver if you system is able to send http-requests and handle the answers.