Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question from plankton

Quote Originally Posted by aqua_digital View Post
    Hi
    Well it was me that gave you the missleading info not GHL they gave you the "new" correct info.

I had not been made aware by GHL of the changes and have advised everyone previous based on the original information supplied by GHL

I am running myself a Serial to USB adapter on the new GHL driver (not the supplied adapter one) using vista and have no issues, so my guess is it is down to the type of adapter you have.

I am sure GHL will confirm to me on Monday what is the correct support info so we do not have unfortunate confusions again, and can only apologies my information seems out of date.
    Well at least i got it going. I have an aqua illumination light hooked up to it and i did my first thunderstorm today - it was great.

Perhabs there was a type of missunderstanding.
    The driver we have on your homepage is only! for the PLM-USB.
    I am realy sure there are usb to serial adapter cables that use the same driver but how will you know. So allways!! use the driver come with such cables or try to look on builder homepage from the cable if there are new drivers for it.

Quote Originally Posted by aqua_digital View Post
    This is the advise GHL have always provided prior to this, i was not aware this had now changed, I can only assume with the launch of the new GHL driver this info has been superceded.

GHL please clarify the change so no further confusing info is provided

Thanks
    I am pretty sure this was a misunderstanding.
    - We changed nothing regarding the USB-driver for our card PLM-USB (even if we had so - this would not affect a third-party USB-device)

- As with all USB-devices: Always use the drivers which are provided through the manufacturer