Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question from plankton

1. Reboot your profilux it will tell you as it boots.

2. You will need the software installed to establish a connection.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

for your response # 2 below... what does that have to do with the driver software for the USB to Serial cable? Do I have to have the profilux software installed for the driver software to work? PLEASE ANSWER THIS directly.

Quote Originally Posted by aqua_digital View Post
    1. Reboot your profilux it will tell you as it boots.

2. You will need the software installed to establish a connection.

Hi

I have answered this "directly" in post #9

Questions:
    Do i need to install the Profilix Control Software first before the driver?
    No, this is why the issue is with the PC you are using and not anything to do with the profiluc driver or software. But to establish a connection you need to install the profiLux control software.

GHL will carry on support from here if required as i am leaving the office. Please follow my steps I have outlined previous.

OK i have tried everything you said and nothing works. What should i try next.

1) ok so i went to radio shack and bought a 440 usb to serial adapter. used the driver that windows downloaded from windows update.

2) NOW i can connect to the unit

3) SO JUST TO BE CLEAR, I am not using the driver from your website... Is this going to be a problem, as it seems to be finally working?

Quote Originally Posted by plankton99 View Post
    1) ok so i went to radio shack and bought a 440 usb to serial adapter. used the driver that windows downloaded from windows update.

2) NOW i can connect to the unit

3) SO JUST TO BE CLEAR, I am not using the driver from your website... Is this going to be a problem, as it seems to be finally working?
    Please note:
    -The "Driver for PLM-USB, Windows 2000/XP/Vista®" is for an USB-extension card. For an USB-->serial-adapter you have to use the driver that is delivered with the adapter
    -Be sure you use the original serial GHL-cable between ProfiLux and the USB-->serial-adapter. If you don't use this cable, this can cause severe problems
    -It is often the case that you have to try several adapters until it works, especially with Vista, there are often problems

[QUOTE=Carolin;3203]Please note:
    -The "Driver for PLM-USB, Windows 2000/XP/Vista®" is for an USB-extension card. For an USB-->serial-adapter you have to use the driver that is delivered with the adapter

Your answer is what i have been looking for. I was told in other posts that I was to use the PLM-USB driver for the usb-serial cable in windows.

This is the advise GHL have always provided prior to this, i was not aware this had now changed, I can only assume with the launch of the new GHL driver this info has been superceded.

GHL please clarify the change so no further confusing info is provided

Thanks

Ausrufezeichen

Quote Originally Posted by aqua_digital View Post
    This is the advise GHL have always provided prior to this, i was not aware this had now changed, I can only assume with the launch of the new GHL driver this info has been superceded.

GHL please clarify the change so no further confusing info is provided

Thanks
    I wonder why GHL is NOT clarifying this. I spent over 16 hours trying to figure this out based on the misleading information they gave me.

Hi
    Well it was me that gave you the missleading info not GHL they gave you the "new" correct info.

I had not been made aware by GHL of the changes and have advised everyone previous based on the original information supplied by GHL

I am running myself a Serial to USB adapter on the new GHL driver (not the supplied adapter one) using vista and have no issues, so my guess is it is down to the type of adapter you have.

I am sure GHL will confirm to me on Monday what is the correct support info so we do not have unfortunate confusions again, and can only apologies my information seems out of date.