Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SW and Mitras placement

In the meantime awaiting a confirmation from GHL about compatability between the Control Center SW and Windows 7 Starter, I have installed the lamps, borrowed a Win 7 laptop, and made a Light Composer file.

The lamps looks great over my tank, and I am convinced that 2 lamps is more than sufficient to cover my needs. Very satisfied so far.

I have however one small concern. It is not clear to me how I can make a light profile that completly turn of all LEDs. I would like to have some hours during night without any light.
    At the moment I think it is the royalblue LEDs that are on even if all channels are set to 0 %.

Any idea to solve this is highly appreciated.
    Last edited by NorwayEagle; 30.10.2012 at 09:57.

Quote Originally Posted by NorwayEagle View Post
    In the meantime awaiting a confirmation from GHL about compatability between the Control Center SW and Windows 7 Starter, I have installed the lamps, borrowed a Win 7 laptop, and made a Light Composer file.

The lamps looks great over my tank, and I am convinced that 2 lamps is more than sufficient to cover my needs. Very satisfied so far.

I have however one small concern. It is not clear to me how I can make a light profile that completly turn of all LEDs. I would like to have some hours during night without any light.
    At the moment I think it is the royalblue LEDs that are on even if all channels are set to 0 %.

Any idea to solve this is highly appreciated.
    Without looking, have you got the slave set for moonlight simulation, if so, this could be your problem

Gazz

So If you turn of moonlight simulation you will be able to get to ZERO intensity?

Quote Originally Posted by doggydoc10 View Post
    So If you turn of moonlight simulation you will be able to get to ZERO intensity?
    Yes Doc, unless there is no moon, coz it would be off anyway lol, also I think to turn it off, you need two zero points, eg

0800. 0%
    0900. 0%
    1000. 2%

So I'm reading, off between 0800 and 0900

Then from 0900, ramping up to 2%

Gazz

First off I do NOT have a Mitras but I ran into what I believe was a similar situation (maybe... maybe not).

I helped a friend set up his ProfiLux last year and he was using a pair of "SimuStick" to simulate sunrise, sunset, moon phase etc. Well it just happened that the first few nights after setting everything up it was a full moon week and his tank never seemed to "go dark". We unselected the box to for "Moonphase" and the tank was dark. After he realized it was just the ProfiLux accurately replicating the exact moon phase and position at his house he "re clicked" the box and let the ProfiLux do it's magic on his tank.

Does that make sense? It's pretty near FULL MOON right now so if the unit is indeed "replicating moon phase" your tank may not be dark at night right now.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl07 View Post
    First off I do NOT have a Mitras but I ran into what I believe was a similar situation (maybe... maybe not).

I helped a friend set up his ProfiLux last year and he was using a pair of "SimuStick" to simulate sunrise, sunset, moon phase etc. Well it just happened that the first few nights after setting everything up it was a full moon week and his tank never seemed to "go dark". We unselected the box to for "Moonphase" and the tank was dark. After he realized it was just the ProfiLux accurately replicating the exact moon phase and position at his house he "re clicked" the box and let the ProfiLux do it's magic on his tank.

Does that make sense? It's pretty near FULL MOON right now so if the unit is indeed "replicating moon phase" your tank may not be dark at night right now.
    Yep makes perfect sense mate, it happened to me the other way round, there was no moon, hence no moonlit led, I was checking everything untill the penny dropped lmao

Gazz

Quote Originally Posted by GazzMan View Post
    Yep makes perfect sense mate, it happened to me the other way round, there was no moon, hence no moonlit led, I was checking everything untill the penny dropped lmao

Gazz
    It happens to the best of us....

Thank you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by GazzMan View Post
    Without looking, have you got the slave set for moonlight simulation, if so, this could be your problem

Gazz
    This was part of the explanation Thank you!

I have used some hours this evening to establish some experience, and the moon phase was one of the exercises.

You activate or deactivate moon phase at each of the 9 channels, in my case the royal blue and one of the reds were activated.
    I assume this was part of the default values.

Anyhow as the full moon is shining on yesterdays snow from a clear sky this evening, it makes sense to keep the moon activated in the tank also.
    Last edited by NorwayEagle; 30.10.2012 at 22:49.

I thought I should show a FTS with the Mitras lamps, but cannot upload the image. the size is 3,1 Mb