Thread: Cleaning the front cover inside.

Default Cleaning the front cover inside.

Have run 4 mitras since september. I can see that a thin white film is building up on the inside of the front glass on the lamps. I would like to clean them, and would like to know how i do the disassembling the best way, to get the plate/front glass out for cleaning.

Best reg.

Tom

Ditto over here.
    Noticed the same thing and was wondering what could be done.

Hi

since we have the highest ratio power per lamp size we need a very efficient cooling.
    The cooling concept includes the electronic components.
    So it is possible that dust gets inside the lamp after a while, similar to a PC. But this is not an issue.

Cleaning is very simple:
    1. Open both screws on the rear cover (the one without display)
    2. Remove the rear cover
    3. pull the glass out of the lamp carefully - this is easier if you lift the glass (away from the PCB) a little bit
    4. clean the glass - avoid scratches!

We have to add this to the manual

Someone asked me why we don't use filters: Because we think filters reduce the air flow too much, this would reduce the air flow, and this would reduce the light output
    We are still looking for a usable filter
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.