Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SW and Mitras placement

Default SW and Mitras placement

Hello

My first activity at this forum, shortly after receiving my two Mitras 6100 HV lamps.

I have two questions:

1. Is the GHL Control Center SW compatible with the Windows 7 Starter operating system?
    Reason for asking is that we only have Macs in our house, and I hope it is sufficient to invest only in a small laptop, for instance this one: http://www.komplett.no/k/ki.aspx?sku=755081
    with cheapest operating system to run only the CC SW.

2. My tank is 130 cm long, 60 cm deep and 50 cm height.
    For best lightcoverage, is it best to mount lamps parallell to the length or parallell to the depth?
    And this based on that 2 lamps will be sufficient, so I do not have to buy a 3rd one.

First welcome to the forum

I can't answer #1 but #2 seems pretty straight forward:

You should be able to mount them parallel to length. This would give you plenty of coverage

When looking at the tank I'd suggest they go like this = = as opposed to || ||

Each unit will give really good coverage (depending on how high you mount it over the tank) at 80cm x 53cm so your tank is a good candidate for 2 units. Worse case if you decide you MUST have more light wall to wall at the very top of the tank (rare... very rare) you could add another but that's HIGHLY unlikely. The Mitras are being reported to have even better coverage than the factory specs state. The MITRAS is literally OUTPERFORMING the specs stated which is a testament to the quality and performance GHL has packed into this unit. Of course each tank is unique and as such your results may vary slightly but odds are you're tank is going to do great with 2 units mounted over it.

Good luck and take PICTURES!!

Hey there. I also only have macs at home but I just installed parallels on my Mac air and I control everything via parallels.
    Thought about the idea of just buying a dedicated laptop but decided against it since I had just purchased a new Mac Air

idd , use parallels or buy something else or be prepared to attach this laptop to an external screen
    since the screen resolution of the buildin screen is just enough to play pong, not to run a decent sized gui.

Quote Originally Posted by Blahenazo View Post
    the buildin screen is just enough to play pong
    You're giving away your age by mentioning that relic from our past LOL!

What is that? Never heard of it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by doggydoc10 View Post
    what is that? Never heard of it!!!

lol!

Thank you, then I conclude it is best to mount parallell to the length.

Concerning the sw are there anyone who knows if the Windows 7 Starter is compatible with the CC SW?

The suggestion of using Parallell on a Mac; what is this really?
    So far I see this as something you install on a Mac to be able to use other operating systems for instance Windows, but then you have to install this as well?

Yes. Parallels you install on a Mac as a separate program. And then you install the PLC in the parallels section this using it via parallels.

yep , and once you have parralleles you can run windows like any other program.

some info here
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPLhO...feature=fvwrel