Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: SW and Mitras placement

Things has been working OK, and the connection is fixed.

But the last week something strange has occured.

During the afternoons, after coming home from work, the slave lamp is giving 0 % of the Royalblue while the master is showing the programmed intensity of app 88 %. All other channels are identical on both lamps.

This continue until the lamps turns off at midnight.

It was a change of -1 at the slave, but even after removing this difference, having a 0 value on both, the lamps are not giving the same light.

Any idea how to fix this?

By the way I have checked the RB channel manually at 100% and this gives correct at both lamps.

please check the moon phase simulation
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Matthias I have a issue similar to NorwayEagle. At first I thought my problem was a result of using the same address on each of the three units. Per the other thread I resolved that issue. When using the "test light composer" slider the lights ramp up and down as programmed. While watching the tank yesterday I noticed my center (master) unit was the last to turn off and it should have turned off second according to my sunset settings (all three lamps 7 minutes apart). Note, I did check the moon phase simulation and that option is not checked for any of the three lights I am using.

Simply put, in real time my programing is not working in the correct order according to my sunset settings. I first noticed this when my royal blue's were at 1% on my two slave lamps when they should have been in the 70-80% range. When I connected to the master lamp and manually adjusted the royal blues to 100% and disconnected I have not noticed the issue with the royal blues again.

Any suggestions to get the sunset function to work properly?

Hello Rotknee,

I don't you firmware and GHL Control Center version

please do this - if not already happened:
    1. update the GHL CC to the newest version
    2. update all lamps to the newest firmware (at the moment 1.07)
    3. do a factory reset for all lamps

now you can start with a fresh, up-to-date system - do the settings again
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I am using the latest GHL CC and firmware 1.07. I also did a factory reset. Same issue. I simply did away with my Sunrise and Sunset settings and will wait for the next firmware update.

I am not using light composer and individually controlling my lights with a variation of the stock settings (only more blue 1800k) look during ramp down. Do you think that my be my issue?

it doesn't matter if the light channels are programmed manually or if you use the light composer
    actually the light composer calculates the runs for each channel and transfers them to the single channel -> so it does the same at the end

did you achieve the time delay by using a master-slave setup (different set delays for both slaves) or by programming different times in the ramps for each lamp?

I achieved the time delay using the master-slave setup. I am on vacation over the Christmas break and will do another factory reset.

Since I have your attention I have two brief questions.

1) Do you planning on having a place in the forum where we can upload and share our light composer projects?

2) Was the stock/default light project designed for growth or color of SPS coral?

Thank you Matthias for your help.

My sunrise/sunset features are now functioning properly. I did not have to do another factory reset. I believe power cycling (momentarily disconnecting the power) fixed the issue.

If we programmed the manually, how do we save the project?

Quote Originally Posted by Rotknee View Post
    1) Do you planning on having a place in the forum where we can upload and share our light composer projects?
    yes - it was just a question of time so far

Quote Originally Posted by Rotknee View Post
    2) Was the stock/default light project designed for growth or color of SPS coral?
    we tried to simulate the natural light run in regards to color and intensity, the growth had priority