Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mitras support help when needed

replied by email

MAC cross over driver issue by the looks of it (embedded driver is microsoft), waiting for reply from GHL HQ and will follow up by email.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Thanks. But it DOESN'T have to do anything with MAC since I am using parallels....windows 7
    Please DON'T PUT THE BLAME ON THE CUSTOMER.

I dont think anywhere above can be read the customer has been blamed.

Anyway waiting for reply from GHL for an answer as I do not have access right now to the error codes, and as said in the emails only offering some out of hours guidance just incase it was something simple, and until we get an accurate reply, it may not even be driver related, lets wait and see

I will revert back once we have an answer for you.
    Last edited by aqua_digital; 23.10.2012 at 00:52.

We have done a lot of research into this error as it is not a GHL generated error but a windows error as you will see from below, just typing into Google USB 471 error brings up some great info.

There is excellent info online in regards to a cure, here are some useful links

http://wiki-guide.org/wiki/Windows_Error/?kw=Error471

“The Error 471 error is usually as a result of Microsoft Windows system data file malfunction. Corrupted system entries are often a substantial danger to the well being of a computer.
    There can be many events which may trigger file errors;
    1. Another program was uninstalled that removed a file that was required by another program or the operating system.
    2. A program was installed that overwrote a file with either an older version or a version that is incompatible with other programs causing this error.
    3. A bad installation of a program corrupted one or more files causing the error.
    4. Another user or program maliciously or mistakenly deleted a file or an associated file.
    5. A hardware issue exists with the computer, such as a bad hard disk drive, causing the data on the drive to become corrupt, casing this error.
    Additionally; incomplete installations/uninstalls, improper deletion of programs or computer hardware, viruses or by an improper shutdown of the computer system can all cause this error.”

More here
    http://www.calvaryacademy-snowberrys.../error-471.php

Here is some feedback from an Apple related forum in regards to error 471 as you are using VM

"Had a remote assistance session for parallels support last night. Took 2 hours of fiddling but they have sorted the issue by uninstalling parallels 6 and reinstalling it, then reinstalling parallels tools."

I hope this gives you a good starting point
    Last edited by aqua_digital; 23.10.2012 at 14:46.

I was able to connect to old pc that I borrow. Still trying to make connection via parallels later tonight.
    Question for you guys.
    I was able to set up a project, so far looking great. On the "illumination run" window under color what's the average everyone has it set up to?
    I do prefer the more bluish hue to my tank esp at night: do I achieve this by increasing the k to 17810 at the desired times?
    Or do I need to change the predefined color and then also adjust the "bar" more towards the blue square?