Thread: Will there be a Windows 8 version ?

hemoi Gast

Default Will there be a Windows 8 version ?

Hi,
    With the release of Pre-orders for the Windows 8 Surface devices.
    http://www.microsoftstore.com/

Windows 8 RT is ARM based.

Do you have any plans to release a Windows 8 version of either the Control Center or ProfiluxControl

Regards,
    Hem

both programs should work on Win 8 without modifications
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

I think I know what will be my next Mobil phone than…

hemoi Gast

Thanks Matthias,
    The RT version of windows 8 only allows apps to be installed via the "windows" App Store.
    GHL would need to publish the app to make it available, just like you would do for windows phone.

Are there plans to do this ?

They will work on the Windows 8 desktop side, but not under WinRT (then we have to write complete new programs!)
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

hemoi Gast

Hi Matthias,

MitrasUSBdriver.PNG

I am not able to use the Mitras on windows 8 RTM pro. The USB driver is not signed and will not install. Have a look at the error message I am receiving .

Regards,
    Hem

Hello,

please have a look at this:
    "Hint: In rare cases an error message can come up during the installation of the USB-driver. In this case disconnect the USB-cable, wait approximately 10 seconds and connect again. After this the installation shall work without problems."

-> Does it solve your problem?

hemoi Gast

Nope, tried this a few times, I think since windows 8 is actually looking for the driver to be signed as a security measure, it will never allow it to be installed.
    GHL would need to sign the driver in ordered for it to be determined as safe by windows.

Hello,
    thanks for the hint - we will check this.