Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: SMS Module not sending

I too can play that game (Joke! )

On Oct 15, 2012, at 7:24 PM, "Aqua Digital Inc"
    sales@aqua-digital.com>
    wrote:

Not sure what fast blinking means, I think it means either no signal or sim not working,

Regards
    Michael Hall - Owner

But the point is you found the issue, so Great

Great info for future reference and great support from everybody
    Last edited by aqua_digital; 18.10.2012 at 00:42.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

What game!?! This is not a game! And I have not found the problem yet!

I am going to go and buy the needed cable and ends to extend my controller to an open environment to prove or disprove the signal issue.....I hope this fixes the problem otherwise I am out money just to test this product.....I feel like I am a beta tester or quality control for this product sometimes.....so I am sorry if I reach out to the company and its associates the way I do at times....I have always given the profilux the highest regards and promote it to anyone. I do very much enjoy its extreme reliability thus far.......my only complaint is that basic tank operations need to be made easier in the programming or at least need to include guides and how tos..... I.e. my SMS module.....I can not even get it connecting to the network and do not know why.....I do not even know if it is a signal issue because the program nor the module have this feature....the red gsm light is like the check engine light on my car.....needs to be more specific like a low washer fluid light.....u know what I mean? GHL Profilux is a great product but as a customer please do not belittle me or the product by simply posting bellicose comments and defending the product.....this does not help me or anyone. I know the product is good and I know you are all doing your best to help but at times I am awed that instead of helpful customer support, we get a defensive response regarding the product or support instead of the response we need! I am sorry I posted quoting that email Michael but I know it is either a signal issue or another issue with the settings.....and these are just the two "normal" conditions it will indicate.....I just need to know what it is because moving the unit to an open area is not labourless or free for me....I just want this thing to work and protect my tank. I have received two emails from it so far and the red light does go slower at this time.....does not occur often....my guess is a signal issue so I am going to do my best to prove or disprove this but I just post on this forum for help from anyone who has had this issue or really just anyone who has experience setting it up.....as you can see from all the posts between me and doggydoc.....we love our tanks and we are desperate!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ben, I am really sorry you are taking my reply so seriously, we have had good friendly chat and banter before about this and other support cases very late into the night many times. I dont think support should always be so formal, I try and put a human touch to everything I write, I guess that is not always taken on forums, but seems to be in email, and I personally do take all suggestions very seriously. But moving on -

In your last update you said you were now receiving text so I assume all was well, just based on your post it was assumed it was working

Quote Originally Posted by benner View Post
    I just received another "test" text msg from the SMS module and the red gsm light is now blinking slow again.....has to be a signal issue....
    The text messages are coming in later after I "test" send them when the controller gets signal finally..... Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    You seem to have proved it was a weak signal issue, so I am not sure how the situation could be better resolved by us or GHL, other than great feedback from you for product improvement in fitting a signal meter to the software or device. Good suggestion!

GSM devices pick up signals at varying strengths for example my wifes phone can be in service when mine is not in the same room, that is not defending the product but just an observation of other GSM devices, and Rogers is notorious for this, both my phones are Rogers.

Lets go back to email as before it seems a lot better path. I will be up late again doing other support cases so can reply to you as required.
    Last edited by aqua_digital; 18.10.2012 at 00:51.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Quote Originally Posted by benner View Post
    What game!?! This is not a game! And I have not found the problem yet!

I am going to go and buy the needed cable and ends to extend my controller to an open environment to prove or disprove the signal issue.....I hope this fixes the problem otherwise I am out money just to test this product.....I feel like I am a beta tester or quality control for this product sometimes.....so I am sorry if I reach out to the company and its associates the way I do at times....I have always given the profilux the highest regards and promote it to anyone. I do very much enjoy its extreme reliability thus far.......my only complaint is that basic tank operations need to be made easier in the programming or at least need to include guides and how tos..... I.e. my SMS module.....I can not even get it connecting to the network and do not know why.....I do not even know if it is a signal issue because the program nor the module have this feature....the red gsm light is like the check engine light on my car.....needs to be more specific like a low washer fluid light.....u know what I mean? GHL Profilux is a great product but as a customer please do not belittle me or the product by simply posting bellicose comments and defending the product.....this does not help me or anyone. I know the product is good and I know you are all doing your best to help but at times I am awed that instead of helpful customer support, we get a defensive response regarding the product or support instead of the response we need! I am sorry I posted quoting that email Michael but I know it is either a signal issue or another issue with the settings.....and these are just the two "normal" conditions it will indicate.....I just need to know what it is because moving the unit to an open area is not labourless or free for me....I just want this thing to work and protect my tank. I have received two emails from it so far and the red light does go slower at this time.....does not occur often....my guess is a signal issue so I am going to do my best to prove or disprove this but I just post on this forum for help from anyone who has had this issue or really just anyone who has experience setting it up.....as you can see from all the posts between me and doggydoc.....we love our tanks and we are desperate!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Wow. Sounds like some of the same issues I have had in the past Glad someone else is posting this as I was starting to think I was the "BLACK SWAN" in here.

Good luck and I hope you figure it out soon.