Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SMS Module not sending

Default SMS Module not sending

I just purchased a Rogers SIM card and have got my SMS module up and running.....I am not able to get it to send any messages......the status says ready but the red gsm light seems like it is blinking faster than every 3 secs.....seems more like every 1 sec......why would this be?? Any help is much appreciated.....

Can you post some screenshots of the Plc for the SMS? You might need to play with settings.

Are these the screenshots that you mean? There is not really much for settings...but what am I supposed to enter into SMS Service-Center?? And why would the red gsm light be blinking every 1 second instead of every 3?
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You need to set up SMS service center. That's the number that's going to route your SMS.
    Where are you located? What's your SIM card co?

I am located in Lucan,Ontario,Canada

It is a Rogers SIM card...... I tried entering in what is shown in the pic below.....I looked it up and canada country code is +1 and then the rest is the number given to me by Rogers.....do the SIM cards have passwords??

Not sure about the SIM card having passwords. I do have a diff number than yours but I am using AT&T here in the us. Are you sure the card is active? Can you switch cards with your cellphone and see if it receives or sends txts?

You might want to send Michael from AD an email. He is in Canada and should be able to help you troubleshoot it.
    Sales@aqua-digital.com

I was going to do that but my blackberry does not have a SIM card....I think the wife's blackberry does so maybe I will try that....our blackberrys are with koodomobile and I was told they use Hspa (or something like that) instead of gsm and this is why I went with Rogers for it because I thought it had to be a gsm SIM card.....or will they all work?

I did send him an email today. I have not heard back yet......

Any gsm card should work. Have you tried sending testing the SMS?