Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Level sensors on Expansion Box

Let us start at the beginning and forget the previous posts - too confusing in my opinion

in general: ATO and AWC works for all sensors in the system, incl. Expansion Box

the setup depends on the used firmware, as I can see in these screenshots you are using 5.14, right?

The Expansion Box must be assigned correctly. If a firmware update either of the Expansion Box or the ProfiLux has been made in the past it is possible that the assignment isn't correct anymore.

I recommend this:
    - save settings and sensor data first
    - bring ProfiLux and Expansion Box to the newest firmware version and update ProfiLuxControl if not already happened
    - reset PAB
    - assign PAB devices
    - load settings back

thelevel sensors are numbered as follows:
    - ProfiLux onboard level sensors (e.g. 1 + 2)
    - sensors of the first EXB (e.g. 3 + 4)
    - and so on

please check the newest programmers guide 5.14

next step: check the sensor assignments of the level control you want to use

do the ATO or AWC settings now - let us go from here
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Yes I am using 5.14 firmware for profilux......I have never updated firmware for expansion box so I will follow your instructions and see what happens.....thank you!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I did all of the above steps for my Vortech module issue before and AWC working perfectly (sensor 1 on controller, sensor 2 on expansion box) but when I change the sensor 1 ( top level control ) to another sensor on expansion box, it not working.

Quote Originally Posted by reeferqq View Post
    I did all of the above steps for my Vortech module issue before and AWC working perfectly (sensor 1 on controller, sensor 2 on expansion box) but when I change the sensor 1 ( top level control ) to another sensor on expansion box, it not working.
    Are you using the latest firmware on your expansion box??

All are in latest firmware.

I am going to attempt to update the firmware on my expansion box this weekend......I read that it is required to have profilux 3 connected directly to the device you are updating via pab, with no other pab devices connected.....I will buy a separate cable just for doing these firmware updates.....has anyone tried updating devices without disconnecting the others?? Also, where can I find out what firmware version my expansion is at??

An PAB update can only be done, if the device is the only one at the PAB ports at the ProfiLux.
    Means: the PAB device is directly connected to the ProfiLux and no other device is connected to the PAB
    This is not for security reasons - it is absolutely necessary.

The firmware could be checked directly at the ProfiLux: System -> Config. PAB -> PAB information -> [select your PAB device]

Thank you Frank!

I checked it and I am at 1.06 FW on my expansion box......is it still required I do a FW update??

no, this is already the newest

ProfiLuxControl also displays the firmware versions - have a look at "system" - there your whole system is displayed
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.