Thread: Communications Error Code 28 using PLC and Web interface at the same time

Default Communications Error Code 28 using PLC and Web interface at the same time

I am getting Communication Error 28 message every time I use the browser to monitor the sensors via P3 web server when I activate manual override in PLC. I want to use PLC and the browser at the same time for convenience, doing maintenance in the room away from the computer running PLC but close to another computer with the browser. The controller itself does not show sensor values while in manual override – it only shows “Operational mode/Manual Override”, so I though I could use the browser...

My configuration:

Profilux 3 eX
    Profilux Control 5.1.4.3
    Profilux Firmware 5.14 date 13/07/2012
    LAN connection, static IP

Steps to reproduce:

1) Open PLC, connect via LAN
    2) Open Socket Functions
    3) Activate Manual Override
    4) Open browser, login to Profilux web interface
    5) Click Sensors link (sometimes may need to click a few times to reproduce)
    6) PLC reports “Communication Error! Error Code: 28”

Communication monitor shows this:

P3comms.png

These communication errors (black bars) apparently happen in any other PLC screen while using the browser, not just in the Socket Functions. However, in other places PLC recovers and continues communications without popping up a “Communication Error! Error Code: 28” dialog. The error dialog pops up in the Manual override mode, and cancels it, forcing to manually reconnect PLC and start all over again.

Anyone has similar experience?

Thanks

The ProfiLux firmware don't support multiple connections to a resource at the same time.
    Some codes are used in every screen / browser page.
    This is the reason for the communication errors.