Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem connecting to ex3 over my home network

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    You should use an IP outside the DHCP range of your router - sometime that causes problems
    Err, ok.......what the heck does that mean lol

I don't know if this helps but I had some "issues" until I assigned mine to .111 (in our case 192.168.000.111)

This was an easy to remember # and it worked like a charm after this change. Of course so many other variables are involved this may or may not help in the least for your problem but it did resolve mine.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl07 View Post
    I don't know if this helps but I had some "issues" until I assigned mine to .111 (in our case 192.168.000.111)

This was an easy to remember # and it worked like a charm after this change. Of course so many other variables are involved this may or may not help in the least for your problem but it did resolve mine.
    Do you mean the GHL Al, if so, how did you do it please

Err, ok.......what the heck does that mean lol
    This means that in a subnet the router handles normally the IP allocation (i.e. it acts as DHCPserver ). For this the router has a pool of IPs reserved for dynamic requests, for example 192.168.0.2-192.168.0.100.

And now the problem: If a device has a fixed IP address (as the Profilux) inside this range some routers say: "o.k. - no problem, take it" and others say: "No, that IP is reserved for DHCP, you can´t use it"

Maybe your router is one of the second type - so have a look where you can set DHCP range and unse an IP outside it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    This means that in a subnet the router handles normally the IP allocation (i.e. it acts as DHCPserver ). For this the router has a pool of IPs reserved for dynamic requests, for example 192.168.0.2-192.168.0.100.

And now the problem: If a device has a fixed IP address (as the Profilux) inside this range some routers say: "o.k. - no problem, take it" and others say: "No, that IP is reserved for DHCP, you can´t use it"

Maybe your router is one of the second type - so have a look where you can set DHCP range and unse an IP outside it.
    Ok I think that makes sense, now I'll wait for BIG ALs response, thank you Gunther

Gazz

I assigned it inside my Router itself. When I was doing the original set-up I had some questions similar to yours. I started a new thread http://forum.aquariumcomputer.com/sh...8router-too%29
    and Wirus gave me the information that enabled me to get mine set up correctly.

Keep in mind that routers and anything "home nerworky" can be very different and what works in my home set-up may or may not work in yours.

I'll read it now, thanks Al

Gazz

Why am I having these problems guys, I can't even connect via USB or rs232, iv been trying for the last 1/2 hour.
    All I get is"could not connect, do you want to check settings", I have also tried to connect via a direct Ethernet cable from my laptop into the profilux with no luck.

Iv had these probs intermittently for months now, any ideas please

Gazz

did you use a static IP as recommended?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Right, I have gone into my router settings and reserved the IP address of the GHL, I have also set it to allow the GHL ip in the firewall rules section, this has allowed me to connect to it by typing the IP address in my browser window.
    I have also managed to login using profilux control.
    I don't know if the changes I have made will make a difference because connection has been so intermittent, so time will tell.

Gazz
    Last edited by GazzMan; 20.09.2012 at 20:39.