Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Problem connecting to ex3 over my home network

Default Problem connecting to ex3 over my home network

I have my ex3 connected to my home router via a Ethernet lead, however, I can't log on/connect to it on my computer, I have tried changing the lead with no luck, I have tried rebooting the GHL with no luck, if I put the GHL ip address in my browser it still won't connect, any ideas guys please

Gazz

Have you successfully connected to it before in this manner?

Have you tried letting the PLC software "scan" for the ProfiLux?

It's always been a bit touch and go Al, one day no problems, next day no connection

What do you have to do in order to restore the connection from one day to the next? The reason I ask is because the ProfiLux is fairly simplistic in it's design and the way it communicates and there's not a lot of room for "sporadic" behavior. Thus far every single case of "sporadic" connectivity it's been something other than the ProfiLux itself. In fact ironically I have a brand new router at my house to install for this very reason. The only difference is that I was having connection issues with more than just my ProfiLux and my ISP finally determined it was something wrong with-in my router and they have sent the replacement free of charge. I just have to get around to installing it.

Are you having problems with any other "connected" devices in your home? I was able to determine it wasn't my ProfiLux by using the same cord and socket on the router and plugging my Dish Satellite Receiver into it. Once I was able to confirm another device was having the same problem as the ProfiLux I then contacted my ISP and had them run a diagnostic on the unit and confirmed my suspicions that it was faulty.

Right, here's an update, I was on the phone with sky for nearly 2 hours yesterday trying to sort this, to cut a long story short, they said in the end that there is nothing they can do because I have a perfect wireless signal to my pc, iPad and phones.

If I go into system/coms/LAN, I'm getting an ip address showing on the GHL, when I plug the Ethernet cable from the GHL into my router the router is seeing it although it's not naming it, it's showing as unknown.

Any other ideas for me please?

Gazz

To help you, a little more information will be helpful:
    • Which router brand and modell do you use?
    • What´s the IP the router is set to
    • What´s the IP the Profilux is set to
    • Are there any other devices in the same subnet?

The reason to ask is due some router models have an reserved IP area for DHCP - if you try to use one of that IPs as static address of the PL, the router will not accept it oir mishandle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    To help you, a little more information will be helpful:
    • Which router brand and modell do you use? Sagemcom
    • What´s the IP the router is set to How do I find this out please
    • What´s the IP the Profilux is set to 192.163.000.003
    • Are there any other devices in the same subnet?
    No, only my PC and iPad

The reason to ask is due some router models have an reserved IP area for DHCP - if you try to use one of that IPs as static address of the PL, the router will not accept it oir mishandle it.
    Iv answered underlined for you,
    Last edited by GazzMan; 19.09.2012 at 07:52.

What´s the IP the Profilux is set to 192.163.000.003
    Why do you set it to 192.163.0.3 if the subnet is 192.168.0.x

Oops sorry, 192.168.000.003

You should use an IP outside the DHCP range of your router - sometime that causes problems