Thread: Cannot load 5.14

Default Cannot load 5.14

i tried loading 5.14 on my computer and as it is finishing loading i get this message : The ordinal 254 could not be located in the dynamic link library msi.dll.
    They when I clicked finish installation in the installer i get : The procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll.
    Any help is appreciated, Neil
    Last edited by subshop; 06.09.2012 at 07:52.

I believe if I were in your shoes I would try this:
    A) Make sure you have the correct PLC software loaded on your computer to support the newest firmware
    B) Reboot the ProfiLux
    C) Reboot the PC
    D) re-download the file
    E) re-try the install

I usually do my upgrades with my computer sitting facing the screen of the ProfiLux in case there are any error messages along the way. This way you see both units and hopefully wont miss any cues or messages that are pertinent to the process.

Good luck

This is not a prob of ProfiluxContol but of your Windows itself. The message says that the msi.dll is corrupt or outdated. This is the initial installer library of Windows and mandatory for all innstallations.

This error occurs if your windows is infected by malware or if you have a very old, not updated system. I´ts reported for XP with SP2 - installation of SP3 fixes the issue.

So check your system and update it if neccessary.