Thread: Replace Probes

Beitrag Replace Probes

I've been using Profilux II Plus for a very long time, May you please tell me if I need to replace PH PROBE and TEMP PROBE ? If yes, when do I need to replace them?

The temperature probe doesn´t age, you can use it as long it´s not broken.
    The ph probe is aging, so you have to recalibrate it frequently. Read the manual how to do so.

If the profilux doesn´t accept the probe anymore, you can increase measurement tolerance to use the probe further wit less accuracy.
    Lately at that point you should order a new probe.

Quote Originally Posted by ebaygul View Post
    I've been using Profilux II Plus for a very long time, May you please tell me if I need to replace PH PROBE and TEMP PROBE ? If yes, when do I need to replace them?
    Personally. If it is a low cost probe, I replace them yearly.
    If it is a GHL hi quality probe, then it will probably last 2 years or possibly longer.
    The older they are the slower the ability to change seems to be. A old probe may show very slow change of PH even if you add something like Kalk to the sump which raises the PH rapidly. Also very slow to calibrate.
    Call me Paul !
    Note: I am not GHL staff!

Quote Originally Posted by Antipodes View Post
    Personally. If it is a low cost probe, I replace them yearly.
    If it is a GHL hi quality probe, then it will probably last 2 years or possibly longer.
    The older they are the slower the ability to change seems to be. A old probe may show very slow change of PH even if you add something like Kalk to the sump which raises the PH rapidly. Also very slow to calibrate.

That's a very good rule of thumb!!