Thread: PH Probe issues

Default PH Probe issues

Hi everyone,

I am having some issues with my PH probe that came with my Profilux 3ex Mega Set which was purchased about 3 months ago. I have tried to contact GHL via email but I am not sure if that was the correct way to get help.

My PH probe keeps fluctuating up to ridiculous numbers of 10+ PH and down to 7PH.

I have calibrated the probe following GHL's instructions after calibration liquid was floating in tank water for 24 hours. Did 3x calibration over 3 consecutive days... and every day I got a completely different ADC value;

Original figure: ADC (7ph) 419
    ADC (9ph) 261

Day 1: ADC (7ph) 338
    ADC (9ph) 214

Day 2: ADC (7ph) 378
    ADC (9ph) 247

Day 3: ADC (7ph) 395
    ADC (9ph) 263

I am really not sure what the problem is? Possibly a faulty probe? I also checked for electrical interference and disconnected everything from the power board one by one and there was no change.

Any help or information would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

maybe the probe got dry

let us see if the probe stabilizes in the next days, OK?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Ok thank you

Caroline got back to via email just after I had put up this post. Sorry I didn't mean to ask for support twice just wasn't sure if email was the correct way.

I calibrated the probe again last night;
    ADC (7ph) 385
    ADC (9ph) 252

Now the PH is sitting at 8.22 which is about right. I will keep you updated if it goes crazy again. Thanks for the help.

Cheers

Ok so the PH probe is still fluctuating like crazy... it sat at 8.18-8.22 for the majority of the day and out of no where it jumped up to 9.6 then back down to 8.5 and now its sitting at 8.86.

Any other ideas?

Still having lots of problems with the PH probe I have to recalibrate it once every 3 days because it just keeps fluctuating. I still get different values every time I calibrate. I don't know what reading to trust anymore.

Hello,

I have sent you an e-mail regarding this issue.

I am also having this issue, but its happening with 2 different probes.

I can actually see the pH fluctuate over 10 min of watching it. Are the probes not allowed to be dry? How do i fix this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by richard.mayo View Post
    I am also having this issue, but its happening with 2 different probes.

I can actually see the pH fluctuate over 10 min of watching it. Are the probes not allowed to be dry? How do i fix this issue?
    I don't think a pH probe is supposed to ever dry out. You may have to look into new probes if they don't stabilize after a calibration.