Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dark Screen Not Dark KNIGHT !

Default Dark Screen Not Dark KNIGHT !

I was checking my tank's parameters yesterday and I noticed my ALK, Mg, and Ca levels were all lower than I usually keep them. As I was checking my dosing unit I noticed the screen on my PIII was dark. All the buttons were still illuminated but the screen is dark. I disconnected the power supply, which was very hot, and then plugged the unit in again and it started as normal. Within a minute or so the screen went dark again. Any suggestions ... Thank You in advance for your help, Neil.

Looks like the power supply is defective.

I thought so too. But because the buttons are still illuminated, I thought it may be internal ! Wonder if I could use a generic power supply to power the unit and see if problem persists ? Any thoughts ...

If the screen is turning on and off it sounds like the front board or the DCDC converter on the main board, please contact your local distributor for repair.
    Last edited by aqua_digital; 21.07.2012 at 19:47.

GHL ProfiLux Canada/USA Distribution and support

Thanks Michele , who would be my closest distributor ... I am in NY. TY

Michele? Great now I am a girl! Nobody informed me of the sudden change

Well that would be me then! Trouble is I dont have one, email me at sales@aqua-digital.com and I will converse with you on Monday about options.

Sorry Michael !

no worries, drop me an email we will discuss what the issue could be.

I think the PSU is dead

even if the background LEDs are on
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Quote Originally Posted by subshop View Post
    I thought so too. But because the buttons are still illuminated, I thought it may be internal ! Wonder if I could use a generic power supply to power the unit and see if problem persists ? Any thoughts ...
    If you can get a generic power suppy this will speed up Matthias diagnosis or use the power supply from a doser if you have one. Let me know by email, we have PSU's here.