Thread: firmware update

Default firmware update

Hello,

I get an error during the update anyone familiar with this?

see attachment
    \
    thx:mad:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello,
    have a look here at our general update instruction (for ProfiLux II, but for ProfiLux 3 almost the same except the flashing part):
    http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/...fiLux%20II.pdf
    Important is that you first confirm with "Yes" at the ProfiLux and then later with "OK" at the PC.
    Please note that updating through LAN is not possible.

Hi Carolin,

I did but when I started the "full operation" it ask my to push the reset button on the device?? when ik pull out the powercord on the pIII the full operation comes with a warning thats there is a problem with the usb (port3 where the pIII is linked to) so when i put in the power again it comes with the question (when i start full ops) press the reset button.

I dont know what buttun it is!!

regards

Quote Originally Posted by Carolin View Post
    Hello,
    have a look here at our general update instruction (for ProfiLux II, but for ProfiLux 3 almost the same except the flashing part):
    http://support.aquariumcomputer.com/...fiLux%20II.pdf
    Important is that you first confirm with "Yes" at the ProfiLux and then later with "OK" at the PC.
    Please note that updating through LAN is not possible.

We need to know your exact ProfiLux Model (ProfiLux3, ProfiLux II(Plus), ProfiLux3.1).
    If you are able to connect with PLC via USB or RS232 to your ProfiLux you can do the update via the RS232 or the USB port.
    The Fujitsu flasher works only with the RS232 port at the ProfiLux (not via LAN or USB). While the ProfiLux3 do not have a reset button the reset is done per power cycling (works perfect if you put the power supply to a switchable socket bar)

If you follow exactly the instructions the update is no problem.

Hello Frank,

its a p3ex and yes is can connect with usb!

regards Eugene

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    We need to know your exact ProfiLux Model (ProfiLux3, ProfiLux II(Plus), ProfiLux3.1).
    If you are able to connect with PLC via USB or RS232 to your ProfiLux you can do the update via the RS232 or the USB port.
    The Fujitsu flasher works only with the RS232 port at the ProfiLux (not via LAN or USB). While the ProfiLux3 do not have a reset button the reset is done per power cycling (works perfect if you put the power supply to a switchable socket bar)

If you follow exactly the instructions the update is no problem.

you want to update the firmware with ProfiLuxControl?
    then forget everything about the flasher tool you heard before, you don't need it (yet)

this is the main point:
    "Important is that you first confirm with "Yes" at the ProfiLux and then later with "OK" at the PC."
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Eugene,

I had the exact same problem - I can communicate with the p3ex over USB but the firmware flash fails (same error) even when following the instructions above.

I connected with a serial cable, followed the exact same procedure and it worked perfectly.

I've ready this elsewhere also. If you don't have a computer with a serial port you will need to obtain a USB-Serial adapter. Some of them work, some of them don't. Good luck!

edit: I notice this on the Profilux application (see image) it appears you can update firmware over LAN in the file menu (although it warns that it may be "fraught with danger") I updated my PAB Powerbar over LAN using this method:
    profiluxflash.png
    Last edited by jordan; 03.08.2012 at 16:06.

Oke many thx!

Quote Originally Posted by jordan View Post
    Eugene,

I had the exact same problem - I can communicate with the p3ex over USB but the firmware flash fails (same error) even when following the instructions above.

I connected with a serial cable, followed the exact same procedure and it worked perfectly.

I've ready this elsewhere also. If you don't have a computer with a serial port you will need to obtain a USB-Serial adapter. Some of them work, some of them don't. Good luck!

edit: I notice this on the Profilux application (see image) it appears you can update firmware over LAN in the file menu (although it warns that it may be "fraught with danger") I updated my PAB Powerbar over LAN using this method:
    profiluxflash.png

updating the FW of the profilux itself will not work via lan !!

best way to upgrade the FW is via serial or usb to serial connector ( profilic chipset ) seems to be your best guess if you hunt for a usb to serial converter.