Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATO Malfunction

Default ATO Malfunction

I recently had a malfunction of the feed pause that required a firmware upgrade to 5.13 which fixed that problem but created a new problem ... my ATO now turns on and won't go off.

Controller is P3eX and I use an optical sensor connected at Level 1. The sensor is clean. All of the settings are in accordance with the relevant "How-to" video.

Apart from disconnecting the ATO pump from the relevant socket, it does not respond. I have noticed that there are no indicators in the Current State for Level 1 which is where the sensor is connected.

Please will you advise me on the corrective procedure.

PS. I have tried to reboot as a corrective action and that has not worked.

Thanks, T

Please will you advise me on the corrective procedure.
    As you may have seen, the niveau menu is reworked completely with 5.13.
    You should check the level settings there, especially the assignment of the level sensors (in pop up behind the button)
    I found that all sensors starting from #2 are assigned to level sensor #11 - check and correct that (sorry no screen shoot possible at the moment)

Thank you for your response Gunther but I'm not sure that I understand you ... Level 1 is set with "Always Active" check box on. If I uncheck the box it indicates "Is active through Timer #1" . Timer #1 on my setup runs current pumps ... I have no other Timers set.
    I have noticed that after a while, the power to the socket (S8 is set) is cut and the alarm comes on; if I disable the alarm then the socket #8 is reactivated and the ATO pumps again irrespective of the fact that the water level is high over the sensor.
    Please note that there is no indication of activity in the "Current State" window at any time.

ATO_Level_1.jpgLevel_Sensor.jpg
    Last edited by Tone; 29.06.2012 at 11:32.

Please note that there is no indication of activity in the "Current State" window at any time.
    This is the prob I think. Your level sensor isn´t recognized anymore (no idea why) - please try another level socket

As you can see there is a selection for the sensor number - please select your sensor there
    ATO.png

Remark: Taken from 5.1.3.0 with Firmware 5.14beta

Thank you Gunther ... I am using firmware 5.13, it doesn't have a screen like the one that you show, only what I have indicated above.

The sensor worked with FW5.12, now with FW5.13 it doesn't work ... this is a problem for GHL to rectify. The sensor is less than 12 months old.

I do not want to use FW5.14beta as I am not sure of its stability.

I look forward to GHL urgent attention to this problem, please ... I don't want to have to do manual recharging of ATO.

I am preparing to upgrade the PCL to version 5.1.3.0 from 5.1.2.2 ... when attempting to back up the P3eX settings to a file, I get the following message:

Fail_File_List_Transfer.jpg

Why is this, please? How is it fixed, please ?

I am using firmware 5.13
    ... and an older Version of PLC which is not a good idea. Update PLC first, then the firmware.

Why is this, please?
    No idea, maybe you have deletet the file or it´s a security issue. You can try to start the Setup as admin

Hullo Gunther,

Thank you for your attempts in helping to resolve the problems with the P3eX.

... and an older Version of PLC which is not a good idea. Update PLC first, then the firmware.
    Is there an explicit directive from GHL in respect of the compatibility of the firmware with particular versions of the PLC ? ... it seems that there is none. If the 'mismatch' that I find is "not a good idea" then please direct me to the clear instructions from GHL that require the PLC to be upgraded to work with FW5.13 ... You will be aware that there have been many firmware upgrades in the past that do not require PLC upgrade and that this has been made clear.

No idea, maybe you have deletet the file or it´s a security issue. You can try to start the Setup as admin
    I've not deleted any files and I don't understand how copying (backing up) a file can create a security issue ... for that matter my McAffee Security Centre does not impact the operation. I don't understand what you mean by "try to start the Setup as admin" ... are you referring to my Windows7 user account in which I am set up as an administrator anyway ?

Let's get back to the problem, the optical sensor is not recognised by the P3eX FW5.13 what is GHL's solution to the problem ? ... my system uses 220L / week in top up water and I can assure you that it is a great problem for me to do it manually ... that is why I have ATO and GHL controller for world's best quality and support

This is getting ridiculous ! I've now updated the PLC to 5.13 ... so running latest FW and PLC versions.

The ATO malfunction is still there ... please do not forget that the optical sensor worked perfectly before upgrading firmware from 5.12 to 5.13.

In PLC 5.13 the sensor is changed to 6 and this is how it looks in PLC 5.13 ... FAILED AGAIN. What is wrong ???

PLC513_ATO-FAIL.jpg