Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tunze storm mode

Default Tunze storm mode

Hi

I have been trying to simulate with my profilux something that I used to do with my Tunze controller: a desedimentation storm. It is just running the tunze pumps in a certain (different) sequence at high intensity for a few minutes each day so that the sediments are lifted and can be taken by the filtration.

I have been playing with the storm mode of the profilux but the only thing that I seem to be able to do is to increase the maximum of the pumps but it still follows the same pattern (alternating) as before. I found an old post asking about the same but unfortunately there was no answer at that time.

Does anybody know if there is a way of programming the profilux to change the pattern of the pumps for just a few minutes a day?

Thank you very much

Is it not possible to do this with the Profilux? Please does anybody know?

Thanks

ist is not possible to chaange the pattern during the day but this is something we consider to add in a future version
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Thanks Matthias. Would you be able to tell me how high in the priorities is this? I am only asking because I was going to sell the Tunze controller now that I have the profilux controlling my pumps but I might hang on to it for a bit longer as I am finding sedimentation is becoming a problem without this option.

The other option would be to allow more flexibility when configuring the pumps in the storm mode. Not sure if this is something that would be easier to implement.

Thank you very much and sorry for all the questions as I am relatively new to this and still trying to configure some bits and bobs...

as you already mentioned you can increase the pump flow during a thunderstorm, but the wave pattern will no be changed

what else is necessary to prevent sedimentation? what does Tunze exactly?
    No support or warranty issues over PM! Please send PMs to the moderators only if you have general problems with using the forum! Thanks for helping us to keep the support efficient.
    Kein Support oder Reklamationsabwicklung über PM! Bitte senden Sie an die Moderatoren nur PMs bei allgemeinen Problemen mit der Verwendung des Forums! Danke dass Sie uns dabei helfen, den Support effektiv zu gestalten.

Hi Matthias

The Tunze controller I have is the 7096. The exact sequence of the pumps for the desedimentation storm is described on page 101 of the manual below

http://www.tunze.com/fileadmin/image...2301%23534.pdf

I used to have it on once a day and it is incredible the difference it made.

Thank you very much for all the support.

Is there any update of this, I would love to have this functionality through my Profilux!

I am also still very interested in this. I am at the moment using a turkey baster every couple of weeks as sedimentation is becoming more of a problem.

I know there are lots of things in the wish list, are there any plans for implementing this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Andyos View Post
    Is there any update of this, I would love to have this functionality through my Profilux!
    Just bumping this one up 6 months on, is there any plans to extend the Tunze Pump control functionality? Thanks, Andy

I'd like to bump this also.

I use to run Vortech's on my tank and the control we have them is so much better through the profilux than the Tunze. Being able to set different patterns etc but the big one is the pumps during storms. I just want all pumps to go to 100% for the storm and stop doing the wave pulse. Use to be great doing this using the Vortech controller.